The Forums have been refreshed! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=2333.
Project X 7.8 has been released! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2332

Island of the Monsters - R&R RP

For all the RPs.
Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Island of the Monsters - R&R RP

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 6th, 2015, 10:20 pm

*Disclaimer!*
This island and any of its inhabitants are completely fictional. I based it on another Italian Island and its named after an oil tanker.
Also, this RP might include involuntary sexual situations, mutations, fetishes and other spores of madness.
You have been warned!
*Disclaimer over! The trainwreck may begin!*

The island of Satrovisi lies about 50 miles north of Palermo, the biggest city on the half-island of Sicily. Its a small and peaceful place, only about 5 miles broad at its narrowest part and overlooked by the grass covered twin peaks of St. Calemero and Mt. Pugnali.
The east and south of the island are dominated by the three major harbors, Lipa, Calema and Sila, with Sila being also the biggest village, complete with several resort hotels, museums and everything a tourist could wish for.
The north of the island is seemed with beautiful, sandy beaches and houses some smaller hotels and camping grounds.
The western side of the island consists mostly of farms and a few ranches, mostly goats, cows and even a few horses. The farms are connected via paved roads and sometimes dirt paths. There is even a mine on St. Calemero, where pumice is mined.
Still, the most lucrative business is tourism.
That is why many farmers are now offering rooms on the west side of the island for cheap, even off season.
That is why you have decided to come here and have a nice vacation.
You had no idea what would happen...

Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Re: Island of the Monsters - R&R RP

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 6th, 2015, 10:22 pm

March 9th - Morning

Casa Vincencio B&B

It happened a week ago that weird creatures have been sighted on the entire island and it was then that Mr. Vincencio has urged Wyatt, Elric and Troy to stay on the farm and wait until things return to normal. Thanks to the internet and the radio, you have a rather good picture what is going on: People are turning into strange creatures and attack each other, the island has been deemed a hazzard zone by the government and warships are patrolling around it constantly and nobody truly knows what exactly is going on here.
Two days ago, it became clear that you would soon run out of food (the tap water is apparently safe to drink) and Mr. Vincencio has left you in an attempt to get some supplies for you. He has not returned since. Luckily, the creatures have left your hotel unmolested so far.
Now, you are completely out of food and have no vehicle to move around. Finally, you all decided to "arm" yourselves with whatever you could find and leave the hotel to find something to eat on this island.
The sun is low in the sky and the shadows are still long. Everyone can add two bottles of Tap Water to their inventory. Otherwise, you don't really feel comfortable with grabbing anything else from the hotel. The owner could return soon after all.
Everyone is currently gathered in the dining/living room.

troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap
Favorite Character: Rouge

Post by troy168 » June 6th, 2015, 10:58 pm

After getting the necessary items he can grabbed, he is relaxing with the other two as he wonders what kind of monster that the sources were talking about, and was wondering why these creatures had not attacked this place, and was wondering if he is ever going to return, so he said "You know...why don't we make this our base...after all with all of this going on, I doubt he is going to comeback?"
Spoiler
Show

RandomTiger
Tikal
Tikal
Favorite Character: Tails

Post by RandomTiger » June 6th, 2015, 11:49 pm

Wyatt had been spending most of the time in his room until the incident happened the radio and T.V. broadcasting the insanity that was happening on the island. After that he knew he would have to figure out about the people that had been living in the same hotel as him. Days past, and now it they were completely out of supplies, which was bad, they wouldn't survive long without food and the like. Wyatt had picked up a couple bottles of water and put them in a backpack he had found. So he could keep everything on him. He had also found a bow and a few arrows laying around, which was good being he used to be pretty good at archery. After having collected the water bottles he settled in the dining/living room, the group had been waiting for the owner for quite some time. He looked over at the other men sitting around him, it seemed they were the only ones there currently.

One of them spoke up, Wyatt was not certain if it was wise to make the hotel their base of operations, but with the fact the creatures had yet to attack them there yet, it might have been good. He moved around a bit in his chair before speaking. " We can't be certain he won't be coming back? I do think.. Maybe making this our current base a good idea. I mean it is on a old farm, there is probably food not far from here." He said looking cautiously towards the other man. He didn't want to just make it so they were all following someones orders, they needed to have some kind of system. " What do you think?" He asked the other man sitting in the same room as them.

Gained: 2 water bottles
Inventory now: 4 changes of street clothing, flashlight, Sports Bow, 10 Arrows, Swiss army Knife, fire starter, med kit, 2 bottles of water
Last edited by RandomTiger on June 7th, 2015, 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've been running low, I've been taking my time. I feel like I'm out of my mind. I feel like my life ain't mine.

SeductiveTrashcan
Dolphin
Dolphin
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by SeductiveTrashcan » June 7th, 2015, 2:18 am

At first, Elric didn't reply, he too thought about the situation and the events that transpired on the island over the course of his stay. He himself had a good deal of supplies stashed away, though, not very much in terms of food. He always kept a few medical kits, anti-biotics, some morphine and a doctors bag around at all times, and this was not different, the thick leather-bound bag was slung around his shoulder, with the large container resting near his waist. His skin was pale, and his eyes shone red, a testament to his Albinism.

"We can only hope he has come to no harm." Elric said, his voice deep and sharp.

"Otherwise, we should barricade and fortify this place, make it secure incase we encounter other survivors, or need a place to fall back to should we go out ourselves and come under attack."

Elric pondered the idea, he wasn't skilled in fighting, nor was he fast, but he did know how to make things, when everything went down, he broke the head off of an almost rusted-out firepoker, using the thick iron and duct-taping it to an end of a broom, making a crude, yet, cruelly effective spear, with his knowledge of anatomy from his surgical experience, he was sure he could do something in combat.

"How's that sound? Even if it is only temporary, it'll help a lot short-term."
Currently Depressed as all fuck.

troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap

Post by troy168 » June 7th, 2015, 2:59 am

"And if he is..." He said as he looked around the area, he came to this place since he needed a vacation, so he read up on a bunch of books on Italian, and when the incident had happened, he was at a quiet area when he discover something had happened, he then decided to grab a flashlight just in case it get's dark, a box of matches so he could start a camp fire if he get's too far, a backpack so he can store things, and a crowbar so he can not only defend himself, but also open up stuff if something is jammed or blocked.

He then said "Besides, we don't know whats going on out there, we don't know what those creatures are, or what they do...maybe he's gone..." He got up and looked out the window, he then said "And besides...does anybody have a map for this area? After all, if you say that we need a place to fall back, then we need to know where we are..."
Spoiler
Show

Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 7th, 2015, 1:00 pm

(Ok, we have our first rolls. I looked through your posts and offer you a few options which would require dice rolls. Please PM me if you want to use your focus dice or not. I will tell you the outcomes as soon as you write me)
Action lineup:

Troy: Looking for a map of the island within the farmhouse/hotel. Think check. Studying specialty would fit, so +2 to the result.
Elric: Fortify the farmhouses entry points. Think check.
Wyatt: Search the nearby farm-buildings (the toolshet, the tractor garage and the barn) for food and supplies. Think check with additional danger since you would have to leave the relative safety of the farmhouse.

Feel free to suggest more options.

RandomTiger
Tikal
Tikal
Favorite Character: Tails

Post by RandomTiger » June 7th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Wyatt had to agree with the albino's idea, keeping this place fortified, even if the owner came back, would be a good idea then they would all be safe. He just didn't know how well he would do helping fortifying, let alone if they would have the supplies to do something like that. Then the other man made a good point, they had no clue where they were, let alone what was around them. They needed a map to give them an Idea as to what to do. He rubbed his chin, they needed supplies, food and maybe other things that could help fortify the building some. He gulped, he had the best weapon out of the group, he hoped that maybe he would be quick enough to avoid anything outside.

He picked up his bow and then put the quiver on his thigh. " So.. If you guys want to do that. I will go look around the hotel. Maybe I can find us some food or some supplies to help with fortifying the hotel. I want to be helpful too." He said turning their attention away from the hotels owner being they wouldn't know if he was coming back or not.

He walked away from his chair and started to leave the room. " Wish me luck." He said before heading to where the door was to leave the hotel. He wasn't going to let them stop him, he had to find them something to help them survive. He looked out side of the window seeing a few buildings outside, he decided already what to look for. Besides, what was the worst that could happen? He had a weapon he could defend himself.

He decided to check out the actual barn first, he didn't know why but he felt like maybe they could have stored some kind of food there, canned food or the likes, farmers tended to be smart when thinking towards the future. He would also search for anything that he could use to fortify the hotel, maybe some extra pointy things, something to make a kind of barricade. He pulled an arrow out of his quiver and put it on his bow, so he could easily pull back and fire if he found and trouble. He finally opened the door heading outside softly closing it behind him to not make much noise. Now to head to the barn.
I've been running low, I've been taking my time. I feel like I'm out of my mind. I feel like my life ain't mine.

SeductiveTrashcan
Dolphin
Dolphin
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by SeductiveTrashcan » June 8th, 2015, 12:45 am

Elric stood soon after the man had left, brandishing his spear, he soon follows suit, closing the door silently and moving to catch up with Wyatt, when he was close, he clasped his hand on Wyatts shoulder.

"Going out alone is a bad idea, I'll come with you, safety in numbers." Elrics face was serious, and it seemed that he wouldn't take no for an answer.

"And only this small area, going too far out might attract more than we bargain for."
Currently Depressed as all fuck.

troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap

Post by troy168 » June 8th, 2015, 1:11 am

After he saw the two men left the area, he said "As much as I want to come with them, I can't risked leaving this place open for attacks, I better look around this place for something that could block the windows." So he got up, and examine the whole place for anything that could help build defense in the house and if possible...he could find the map so he can find out where in the world they are...
Spoiler
Show