The Forums have been refreshed! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=2333.
Project X 7.8 has been released! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2332

The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Dead RP's go here
shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper
Favorite Character: Shadow
The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Post by shadowpaine » March 31st, 2013, 8:32 am

last time on "the monster inside all of us"
LawAndChaos wrote:Augus nodded in reply, heading back to the dining hall for one last helping.

------------And so...------------------

Augus stirred, letting out a small groan as he turned in his bed. Everyone had retired for the night, at least to his knowledge, and once he had finished his meal, he had done the same. Gentle music was carried along on the morning breeze, a soft voice singing to the tune of a harp. Augus scratched his head, standing up and opening his window as he slipped on his garments. He could see, just across the way on the roof of the tavern, a young hooded woman, playing her harp and singing, just as she had been yesterday.

"Well, it's better than bein' woken up by a rooster," he said, smiling a bit, "in any case I'd best get to headin downstai---"

His own thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a hooded man leaping into view on the roof, a knife in his hand. Augus' eyes widened as the hooded man continued, his knife glinting in the morning light as he approached the harp player.

"Oy! OY!" Augus shouted, waving his arms to get the woman's attention, "Behind ya!! OY!"

The hooded man froze, most likely at the prospect of being spotted, and the woman turned, quickly getting to her feet at the sight of an approaching assassin. The assassin wasted no time, making a fierce and desperate lunge for the woman. Augus turned his attention back to his clothes, slipping them on completely and grabbing his blade from the wall. He was on the second story--could he make a jump from the window? Before he could continue, he heard a scream, and looking up saw the man plummet headfirst to the cobblestone streets below. Blood flowed into the cracks in the pathways, and Augus quickly closed his window as he rushed downstairs and out of the Inn, into the streets.

Several people had already left their homes and were in the streets, murmuring and gasping at the sight of the fresh corpse in the street. Augus pushed his way through the crowd to the front, where what seemed to be a city guard was already examining the body. Pulling the hood back, it was clear the man's face had been branded with a strange symbol...

"It's de mark of Ilias Krutz!!! I thought they was disbanded!"

Augus' blood went cold. He knew of those people, the Ilias Krutz. Nothing but anarchists. They used to be a legitimate force once. But they were men without honor--they never fought monstergirls who were actually dangerous, just the ones who couldn't or wouldn't fight back, destroying homes and even killing children. To think, even after all the news he had heard of their leader being slain, they would still be running around...

"He tried to kill the musician on de roof. Petty bastard--as long as they're killing someone nowadays, don't matter who."

With the man's association revealed, the people began to disperse, whispering worriedly, while some others held grim expressions on their faces.

"Damn anarchists..."

"Nothing better to do than harass innocent people..."

Augus crossed his arms, sighing and shaking his head. The Ilias Krutz had sunk pretty low to go after simple harp players. He figured the rest of the crew would be awake thanks to the noise outside by this point. Might as well wait for em where he could be easily seen.
Adamanttg wrote:Continuing to snore loudly all through the night, Ruby eventually slowly let her eyes open to sound of a commotion outside. She felt groggy, but wasn't exactly hungover. The night's drinking wasn't exactly heavy for her, rather it was somewhat light for her. Slowly pushing herself up and grumbling, she sat there for a few moments and allowed her eyes to readjust themselves. Trying to remember the events of the night before, there were a lot of blanks. Pretty much all she remembered was fighting with Jacob and then drinking for a while. She shook it off and yawned. It would return in time. After fixing her bedhead, Ruby opened the door and made her way out.

Though, she couldn't quite shake the weird nagging feeling in the back of her mind. She felt like she had done something really stupid last night, but just couldn't quite reach the memory. Her thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a stream of blood in the street. Tracing it back to the source, there seemed to be a disbanding crowd near a presumably dead body on the street. Interested, but not exactly shocked, Ruby made her way to Augus, He probably had a better idea of what was going on.
"What the hell happened here? Someone get in a fight?"
Shadowpaine wrote:Jacob tried his best to ignore the sound of the flute playing outside, he turned over in his bed and used the pillow to block out the noise.
Finally managing to dull the noise he was about to drift back to sleep till he heard a sudden scream outside.

"Alright! I'm up! Geez if it's like this every morning ill not be sleeping here again." He mumbled to himself then slowly lifted himself off the bed.
Jacob streached his arms and yawned as he looked out the window, his vision still trying to readjust he didnt see the blood but could make out the crowd, simply shrugging Jacob then made his way towards the main hall of the tavern then out into the street.
It didnt take Jacob long to find Ruby and Angus talking to one another, hoping ruby didnt recall last night he approached the two, catching sight of the body and the blood he spoke to his companions.
"So what happened here? Seems like a accident" he asked the two
Shroomz wrote:Sleeping hard through the night, Eve dreamed of someone familiar, someone she missed from a long time ago. Just as she felt like she was going to recognize them, her eyes snapped open. Someone was screaming and it was no child at play. Still in her "night clothes", which were little more than a glorified t-shirt and shorts, she sticks her head through the window and grasps her sheathed weapon, securing the harness and jumping to a branch of a tree below. She hangs there for a moment to lose momentum and lets herself drop below, only one eye open from the bright light. "So whaz gonin on here, August?" Her drowsiness has a grip on her greater than most alcohol, dazing her despite her best effort to focus.
Syn972 wrote:So warm and soft like sleeping in a sun bathed cloud, could stay like this forever. Sinking deeper into the cloud surrendering to the supple fullness, the all incasing warmth, rhythmic beat-

Wait

LawAndChaos
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Dr.Eggman

Re: The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Post by LawAndChaos » April 10th, 2013, 4:25 am

Augus nodded grimly to the group, crossing his arms as he let out a small sigh. "Illias Krutz," he said, "woke up this mornin' and saw em goin' after the harp player on the roof, so...well, I couldn't just let em stab the girl. Didn't expect him to end up missing his mark. Guess it'll be the last time he does though." He looked back down at the dead man with pitiless eyes.

He knew the Ilias Krutz were evil people. Main reason he never had any faith in Ilias. The men of Ilias Krutz, he once believed, were men forced into desperate measures to protect humanity from the monstergirls that hunted men and women alike, that were legitimate threats to innocent people. Oh, how wrong he was to be so naive.

He shook the thoughts from his mind, returning his focus to the group. "Well, now that this whole mess is over, why don't we get to restockin' our supplies so we can prepare for the trip onwards?" He asked, nodding to the others, hoping to quickly move on from this morning's dreary events, "we'll be leavin' in the next couple days, so be sure ya got everythin' ya need." The body was already being hoisted up by the local guards, most likely to have the body examined and then disposed of. Of course, Augus doubted they'd find anything to lead them to an Ilias Krutz group; most of em didn't carry those kinds of sensitive documents.

"Ah, excuse me," a small voice came from behind Augus, "I wanted to thank you for saving me."

Augus turned, seeing the hooded girl from before. While her face was well hidden, the cloak she wore did little to hide the curved, voluptuous figure beneath them. Augus could tell by looking at this one that she was definitely a monstergirl, in one way or another. It was likely she hid it under her cloak. Of course, he didn't understand why she hid it, exactly, considering the tolerance of this town, but to each his own.

"Well, twas nothin," Augus replied with genuine modesty, somewhat disinterested in speaking with the woman, "I was just doin' what anyone would do. Besides, you seemed to have things handled." The girl let out a small giggle, her harp clutched delicately in her arms. "Well, if you say so," she said, plucking a few strings as if to ensure her instrument had not been damaged, "still, I would like to thank you in some way. I at least must provide you with something." Augus simply huffed.

"Unless you can get us a 1 way ticket to the border town where the tournament of monsters is takin' place, I doubt you could get us much of anythin," he replied flatly, turning away and heading back toward the shops, "I'll go on ahead. The rest of ye can stay here if ye want."

"I could get you one."

Augus froze, almost like the words were in another language. "Excuse me?" he said. The hooded girl nodded in confirmation.

"I can get you a ride to the border. Well, at least I can get you a ride partway. All you have to do is a few things for me, and I'll have a carriage ready and waiting for all of you." She immediately continued on to her requests without even waiting for a reply. "First," she began, "there is a cave on the beach not too far from here, where a monstergirl resides. I will have someone meet you at the entrance later today to tell you more."

"And what if we refuse?" Augus replied.

"Then have fun walking," she said flatly in response, "any other questions?"

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » April 12th, 2013, 3:39 pm

Ruby stood and took in the information. It felt like she had heard the name before; it was hard to tell when you spent every day fighting thugs and bandits. Small details like names tended to fade in the background. Her mind drifted to what she might need for the trip ahead. More alcohol, no doubt. Though her night drinking had drained her funds a bit. They'd probably get some more along the way, one way or another. Still, she felt like her time was better spent training. This new power could be useful.

Turning her attention the cloaked girl, Ruby closed her right eye and paused for a moment, remaining completely still. She wasn't human, but the feeling was similar to much of the townsfolk. More powerful, a sense of excitement. Must've been a monstergirl. She reopened her eye and listened to her. Looked like Augus had saved her somehow. Ruby still felt somewhat conflicted. Sure, it was an innocent life, but, she was a monstergirl. Given the tales she heard and the fact that the last one had tried to turn her into a slave...

A jolt of horror ran through her, remains of a memory she had locked deep inside her. Just as it seemed the conversation was over, she had claimed to have a way of delivering them to where they were going. She furrowed her brow in suspicion. The offer sounded too good to be true. Voicing her suspicion, Ruby spoke up.

"What's the catch? You just happen to be able to get us where we need to go? I don't buy it."
Even if she did want a few things in return, it just seemed to suspicious to let go,

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper

Post by shadowpaine » April 12th, 2013, 10:11 pm

Jacob listened to what the monstergirl had to say but really seemed disinterested, it was nothing personal againt the girl its just he found it hard to trust what monstergirls say, he still had a bad vibe about the town.
when the monstergirl mentioned about helping them get to their destination in exchange for afew favors he rose an eyebrow, everything seemed too convenient yet what rubbed him the wrong way was the girl litrally demanded that they help her more before she returned the favor.

Jacob listened to what his companions though of this offer but none of them seemed that 'upset' like he was, ruby seemed more concerned like he was, "if i may say something, your asking us.... to help you in exhange for help... when our friend here" he pointed to angus "just saved your life from what i understand... i think thats MORE then enough for you to help us. cause if it wasnt for him you would be the one face down in a pool of blood" he said showing a displeased look on his face

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun
Favorite Character: Zu

Post by Shroomz » April 14th, 2013, 7:30 am

Hearing the girl say that she could get them a ticket put Eva on edge for a different reason than the rest of the group had seemed to have. Rather than worrying about a trap lying in wait (which she thought they could deal with just fine) she was more concerned with who the girl's connections might be. Rather, she was worried that the contact would ask them to do something suspicious. After focusing her mind out of her sleepy haze, she tries to voice this.

"Honestly, I'm worried that you won't tell us straight what you want us to do. Or who the other Monstergirl is, for that matter. Plus, why would we meet at a cave? I'm all for doing favors, but I don't wanna get made into a robber or somethin'..." She seems to pout a little at the end of her statement. After a few moments, she sighs a bit and turns around, re-situating her sheathed sword on her shoulder. "I'ma go get dressed anyway, I'm in nothing but sleepwear." She trudges back into the inn and back upstairs, closing the room to change. She thought to herself, 'I want to believe that nothing is bad about what she wants, but that's been no good to me before. If I can't choose, I'll just have to follow what the others want to do.'

Gradually her mind drifts to the magic they supposedly gained control over recently. How was it controlled? Trying to puzzle it out, she tried making a dramatic looking hand motion towards the wall. The only thing that hit the wall was the helmet she had just been holding. She shrugs. At least she's an ace shot with headgear.
"Got any twos?" "I got two pairs." "I call doubt!" "You didn't say Uno."

Syn972
Eel
Eel

Post by Syn972 » April 15th, 2013, 12:32 pm

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footprints on the moon.

LawAndChaos
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Dr.Eggman

Post by LawAndChaos » April 25th, 2013, 12:12 pm

The hooded girl clasped her hands, fidgeting nervously. "Well, you see, it's just that I--I had hoped that..." she trailed off, her head downcast, "alright, I suppose that you're right. I...I can get what you need. I can have things ready in a day or two." She looked back up at the group, still wringing her hands, her voice almost taking on a pleading tone. "Are you sure you can't help me? Please? I'll tell you everything if that makes you any more willing to help. I'll do anything you want, if you help me."

Augus crossed his arms. He couldn't help but feel a little sorry for her, but then, he figured that was just her way of trying to get them to help her with...whatever it was she was planning. He may not have had a heart of stone, but he sure as hell wasn't stupid or soft enough to let a monstergirl get him roped in to some crazy scheme. No, he wouldn't help unless his comrades decided to have a change of heart, which, considering their general attitude towards the creatures, was highly unlikely. Heck, Vex wasn't even awake yet, and Augus knew he would say no right off the bat, no questions asked. Even so, hearing the girl's voice get more desperate made him question if just leaving her was a good idea. She sounded like she was about to cry, almost. No, no, Augus, don't get roped in. If the others aren't going to help, than there's no reason to not go with the group. This just sounded like a world of trouble, and that was something none of them needed to deal with. Augus turned to the rest of the group, expectantly awaiting their answer to the girl's plea.

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper

Post by shadowpaine » April 25th, 2013, 12:31 pm

Jacob heard the girls plea, he didnt show it but he was really conflicted on the matter, she already agreed to help them shorten their travel time, what else could she offer them? Weighing the possible risk against the current situation .... It didnt bold well for the monster girl especially because of what she was, nothing against her personally but it's very hard to trust a race that sees you more as food or a servant then an equal.

"Look I think it's fair that you tell us Exactly what we need to know before we decide anything, nothing personal but look from our point of view, we're being 'hunted' and we just narrowly escaped from being food and slaves to a monster girl so you'll understand why we are very skeptical about why we should help you further when you got to keep your life thanks to companions aid" Jacob sighed after finishing his sentence and it was now visible that he was conflicted about helping the girl, he hated seeing a woman in distress but the fact she was a monster girl also prevented him from risking anything especially since the others will be involved in this, "I hate to sound shallow but what do we get for helping with this extra favor, you know how it works.... 'A favor for a favor'" he said though his mouth felt 'sour' after saying that to a woman even though she was a monstergirl

Syn972
Eel
Eel

Post by Syn972 » April 25th, 2013, 2:26 pm

It was obvious that Jacob and Augus were more than likely a slight push from wanting to help the monstergirl, Yugo on the other hand wasn
Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footprints on the moon.

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » April 25th, 2013, 5:03 pm

At first, Ruby was totally unfazed by the monstergirls pleas. She'd seen way too many insincere pleas from sneaky bandits just trying to catch her off guard. Experience taught her that helping them usually lead to a knife in the back - or worse. However, the more desperate the monstergirl pleaded, the more her internal walls began crumbling. She had spent a large portion of her life saving others and helping them in their hour of need. Seeing someone who looked like they were in trouble made her want to intervene. Then again, she was pretty much offering them a free pass to get where they need to be. The group was already in enough trouble without getting in more crap taking on others problems...

Ruby looked around at the group, an unsure look on her face. The other members of the party seemed to have the same problem. Although, Yugo seemed all too eager to jump at this opportunity. Something was off about how helpful he was being, even if he was trying to get something extra out of it. Sighing, Ruby finally made her mind up to at least listen to her. She really couldn't just ignore someone in need. Maybe this was the only thing separating her from being like those goddamn nobles. Over the past few years, she had done a quite a few shady things, and not always for the right reasons. Ruby glanced at Jacob before looking back at the monstergirl and replying.

"Agh. Fine. We'll at least hear you out. But you better not be jacking us around."