The Forums have been refreshed! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=2333.
Project X 7.8 has been released! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2332

The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Dead RP's go here
shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper
Favorite Character: Shadow
Re: The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Post by shadowpaine » September 16th, 2014, 8:58 pm

jacob heard ruby's comment as she started to wake up, it didnt take him long to catch on to eva's hints, as eva distracted ruby jacob opened the door partially and slowly closed it before standing by the side of the door, may as well listen in... even if he knew it was about him getting beated now if he saw her.

(sorry not much to say)

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun
Favorite Character: Zu

Post by Shroomz » September 17th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Mordecai nods at Yugo's hopeful statement. "Yeah, I hope so. If you still aren't able to heal her into fighting shape, I won't blame you though... Anyway, let's make our way back." Mordecai would now take the lead of the two, setting route for the inn once more. Upon arrival, they would encounter Jacob standing outside of the door to the room where the girls were. Mordecai would curiously tip his head, and simply wait for a reason from Jacob.

Ruby's gentler words, despite well intended, put Eva in an uncomfortable spot. She sniffles quietly, and she can't help but frown deeply. "I'm sorry y'know... I'm not sure if I'm a great friend anymore. Let me know if I can do something, though..."
"Got any twos?" "I got two pairs." "I call doubt!" "You didn't say Uno."

Syn972
Eel
Eel

Post by Syn972 » September 18th, 2014, 6:47 am

Surprised to find Jacob outside the girls room. Yugo was quick to voice his assumption to why he would be.
Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footprints on the moon.

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper
Favorite Character: Shadow

Post by shadowpaine » September 18th, 2014, 6:56 am

Jacob simply looked at morde and yugo giving a faint weak wave before looking away, he still felt rather 'sour' about the whole thing with the book and feeling he was the least important of the group
Just as yugo placed his hand on the door handle Jacob quickly slapped it away "ruby is awake... Apparently if any of us see her like this it would crush her!" He whispered, knowing he now can't exactly evesdrop on them now he 'shooed' them along as he approached the stairs "now unless you really need to see them I suggest you wait, unless you want to take my place as Ruby's punching bag" he said still in a hushed tone

Syn972
Eel
Eel

Post by Syn972 » September 18th, 2014, 5:14 pm

Snatching his hand of the door as if it burned him Yugo backed away a nervous grin etched on his face as a life of imminent pain flashed before his eyes.
Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footprints on the moon.

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » September 19th, 2014, 8:08 am

Morde winced sharply at Jacob's explanation. With the rogue shooing him along, he just sighed lightly and went downstairs without a fuss. He headed back to the booth-table that the group had used before, slid into a seat, and pulled his small book back out from the subtle crevice in his armor where it resided. He cracked it open with one hand to where the tassel of a bookmark lay, but seemed distracted by the sphere that was created when he read the tome. He set it upon the table and stared at the irregular brownish-red surface, rolling it slightly back and forth. "... What is this even for?"

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » September 19th, 2014, 9:22 pm

Despite the time passing, things weren't improving any further. Perhaps it was unreasonable of her to expect her body to heal itself so fast, but she hated lying around like this so much. She felt weak, helpless. Strength had always been her credo, so it stirred a flurry of emotions within her to be so far from that. Anger, irritation, sadness, even a tinge of fear. Regardless, she still felt a glowing warmth that eclipsed all of that. Ruby herself was unaware of exactly what it was that made her feel such a way, but some part of her brain was determined to rein her in from making any deductions about it. Unwilling to move from her current position, however, she merely stared straight on with much on her mind. From the sounds of it the girl was hurting. Shakily raising her right arm up, she rested her gauntlet on top of Eva's head. At this point she was unable to move much more than that.

"It...it was my fault. I still can't believe...I attacked you like that. I don't expect you to...forgive me..." If they had been face to face, she almost certainly would've been staring at the ground like a child being lectured. It hurt her much more than she would ever have admitted to have tried to hurt the girl. Unfortunately, she wasn't doing a very good job of disguising her emotions at this point.

Shifting slightly, Ruby looked down at her body. It wasn't much of a pretty sight. Blood and dirt had accumulated from the events recently, and dried in to form an awful-looking mess. Her bandages were still stained red, and her hair had been caked in blood in parts. She was a mess. Aiming to change the tone a little, she made comment.

"Feh...look at me...I'm such a mess right now. The only way I'd distract someone like this...is if they were laughing at me..Gotta get cleaned up..."

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » September 19th, 2014, 11:15 pm

Eva, when hearing Ruby's remorse, slowly dipped her head until her forehead met Ruby's. Her jaw clenched from trying not to sob or cry, and in a rather irregular voice she spoke again. "I kn-know it wasn't the real you that did that. I-I've got no grudge against you. I just wish... I could've been strong enough to keep it from happening like that. In most ways, I'm not strong at all. I've got a weird weapon, and I've got some dexterity, but the only way I can really fight is... by killing. If Morde hadn't been there..." Now, she cracks a little more and a quiet sob escapes her. "Jus'... Don't worry about how you look. I'll get you cleaned up soon, just let yourself heal a bit more first..." Slowly a couple of tears gather in her eyes, and just as they drip down onto Ruby's forehead, she moves back and furiously wipes her eyes. "Sorry..."

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » September 20th, 2014, 10:06 am

"Don't...Don't doubt yourself kid. If you're not fighting to kill...you're fighting to lose. That's the way it works in this...crappy world. That you still feel anything about it shows that...you're better than me. Don't blame yourself..." Her breathing became a little more haggard as the pain started taking a toll on her. It was such a pain to be in a state such as this. At the very least, it was only Eva who had seen her like this. For some reason, it didn't hurt like it would the others seeing her. Was this...trust? The feeling freaked her out a little bit. It was probably best not to think about it too much for now. But, that was easier said that done. For some reason, some part of herself just wanted to get more and more involved.

"Hey, why don't ya tell...me more about yourself...I guess we still don't know...each other that well yet..." Ruby had spoken the words mostly without thinking, and even now she was unaware of what the implications to the seemingly innocuous question might be. Right now, she just wanted the girl's mind to get off what had happened. It only seemed to pain her more and more, guessing from the drops on her forehead.

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » September 21st, 2014, 8:41 pm

Pulling her arm away from her eyes at Ruby's request to hear about her, Eva felt the need for a thoughtful pause. After a quiet sniffle, she tries to think of something that hasn't been shared yet. "Well... I told you about how I grew up, and how I got where I am... Because of the scythe, some of my memories are flat out missing... The only things I think I might not have told you are about Mordecai mostly... I guess if you really need to know, I used to have a cat." Her attempt at slight humor is marred by her sad tone, and as she realizes it she sighs disappointedly.