The Forums have been refreshed! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=2333.
Project X 7.8 has been released! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2332

The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Dead RP's go here
shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper
Favorite Character: Shadow
Re: The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Post by shadowpaine » September 27th, 2014, 3:09 pm

Jacob looked at morde as he questioned why he was mad, he couldn't really put the exact problem into words but when yugo tried to explain what he though the problem was Jacob couldn't help but place a hand on his face and smile... That was FAR from the truth.

Morde then seemed really angry, it was hard to tell if he was angry at him, yugo's comment or himself but the few sentences he said struck a nerve with him, looking at morde as he calmed down slightly he finally spoke up "my problem is basically how you see us... According to you we are nothing more then lackeys to you, sure we are protect Eva but why should I do it just cause you demand it... I mean the only reason we are here in the first place is some idiot though it be wise to save us with a souls hunting succubus and then you force us to basically be Eva's almost eternal bodyguards... Well frankly while I will protect her I do have my own path and I'm not gonna let anyone else change that again" he said as he stood up and effectivly kicked the chair under the table "you can hide behind your notions of wanting to 'help us' but You have already hinted at your true intentions... I'm not some dog you can order around and I'm certainly no minion for you either." He said before turning and making his way out of the tavern.

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » September 27th, 2014, 10:57 pm

The torrent of emotions that was suddenly unleashed in wake of the memories was difficult for Ruby to control. It was no secret that she hated having to show this kind of emotion in front of another. Yet, there was little she could do stop it. The tears kept flowing regardless. The floodgates had opened, just a crack. But it was enough for her usual front to shatter. In truth, she felt pathetic. But she felt even worse because of her past failures. She gritted her teeth together. But enough was enough. She had to seal this before it became impossible. Eva's words and action aided her tremendously in calming herself down to a more stable state. Still, as much as she wanted to move past it, an inescapable pang of doubt lingered. After several deep breaths, she seemed visibly less emotional. Using her arm to mop up her tears, she finally moved her arm from her face. As much as she tried to hide it, there was still a redness to her eyes that betrayed her state.

"Sorry...I didn't mean to get all sappy on ya..." There was some weak mirth to her words, attempting to push herself past her weakened state of a few moments prior.

"Whatever you do, just, please...don't tell anyone. Just...forget this happened.." At this moment, she found herself at a disadvantage. Now someone possessed knowledge that could be potentially dangerous and her image was at risk. It brought an unpleasant feeling of paranoia to the forefront of her mind. Even though she didn't seem the type, this girl had Ruby at her mercy.

"Th-Thanks...anyway..." Her words weren't entirely enthusiastic, but they weren't quite disingenuous either. The swirl of emotions was hard to deal with.

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun
Favorite Character: Zu

Post by Shroomz » September 28th, 2014, 5:50 am

Eva's light grip on one of Ruby's hands tightened ever so slightly. "I'll never tell a soul before you do... But I won't forget. When the time comes to fight, I'm going to do it with you in mind, and I won't lose. Don't be sorry... Because you proved that there's good in you to be fought for. I'll never let myself forget that." Now, she leans over and places her hands on Ruby's shoulders and lays over her briefly, trying to (awkwardly) emulate a hug without lifting Ruby. In the process she sniffles again, emotion welling for her as well.

Despite his present frustration, the feeling Mordecai got after hearing Jacob's rebuke sent pangs through him, like the realization had taken the form of a hammer and struck him like an anvil. Before he could even put together a response, Jacob was gone. Accusatory voices rang in his head, judging him with words he couldn't quite hear. Sucking a breath through his teeth, he found himself almost on the verge of panic, a feeling that he thought he had shut himself away from in the past. He felt too close to the way he used to be. With one hand clenched in a fist and the other pressing against his face in a failed attempt to hide himself, he sat with teeth bared. First impressions were forever... and his initial aggressive treatment to 'protect' Evangeline had finally backfired. "... I thought he knew... That things had changed..." Choking back as much of his consuming aggression as he could, he quietly offered a "Sorry." to Yugo, before walking upstairs to his original room from among the four they had rented, across from the girls.

Regardless of whether he was followed by Yugo or not, he began throwing wild and overloaded punches both into the air and against the bed, without a hint of his precise style or normal restraint. Exploitative, demanding, dominant... Had he really failed to escape those older parts of himself? As he seethed and swung into air, he hardly paid attention at all until a bubbling liquid noise caught his attention, and his eyes settled on his right hand... Clad in a trio of feral-looking red iron claws. A matching trio of holes was shown in the pillow he'd just slammed the fist into, and he couldn't help but draw them upward to look. "Is this my power..? Am I just... some beast?" Beneath his own notice as he fell to his knees in shock, the sphere from before was now the metal that comprised the claws.

On Jacob's end, upon exiting the Inn he would be capable of noticing something approaching him quickly from the right side. In a short span of time, Serena would make her way over to him and greet him with a bizarre form of curtsy, owing to her alternate lower body. "What timing, you must be some kind of magician!"
"Got any twos?" "I got two pairs." "I call doubt!" "You didn't say Uno."

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper

Post by shadowpaine » September 29th, 2014, 1:38 am

Standing by the door Jacob let out a sigh, it felt great to finally get his anger, his frustrations out in the air like that and even more so when he finally told Morde directly.
Just then sudden movements caught his eye, he looked to see a familiar approach him and when he realised who it was he couldn't help but 'tap' his head with the palm of his hand 'oh yeah I have that date today' he thought to himself as he smiled as Serena walked over and curtsied to him though her comment made him blush alittle and laugh lightly "haha yeah I know right, it's like I could tell you were coming" he said smiling though in his head he couldn't help but mutter 'you're not wrong on your assumption now Serena'

"Anyway given what just transpired between me and a fellow adventurer of mine... It wouldn't be wise to enter, do you have any suggestions on where we could go, I'll pay ofcourse" Jacob asked serena as he smiled at her, thinking on the matter maybe having another's perspective would help ease his mind if not maybe the distraction would help greatly "oh and that is a very lovely dress you have, I assume you're talented hands made it?"

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid

Post by Adamanttg » September 29th, 2014, 6:21 pm

Ruby's mind wavered as the pounding in her head resumed after its short break. She had been in this kind of condition a few times before, and her opinion hadn't changed since then: it sucked. The worst part wasn't the pain. It really was just that she couldn't do anything. She hated having to just sit around on her ass and do nothing. Really, it wasn't even boredom - it was closer to frustration. Perhaps it harkened back to times of weakness a little closer than she wanted to feel. In any case, she really just wanted to be back on her feet so that she could do...what exactly? What was her plan for after this? The idea of sticking around much longer was untenable: it just couldn't work out. Despite the girl taking care of her, no...because of her, she had to leave.

In truth, she was uncertain of her own reasoning. Was it that the girl would be corrupted by her? Or was it just that her mind wouldn't be able to take it if Eva met a terrible fate like those before? The details didn't matter. The plan shouldn't change - find the nearest opportunity to kill off the noble and leave for good. Though it hurt her to abandon the girl, it would be better in the long run.

Lost in thought for a couple of moments, Ruby tilted her head towards the blue haired girl and listened. It pained her. It really did. Why wouldn't Eva just let it go? Why was she so convinced that there was anything worthwhile about Ruby? It was incomprehensible. The feeling festered. It was almost as if it was some kind of frustration.

"...Why? Why are you so sure? Why won't you ever give up?" She wrenched her eyes shut, attempting to prevent the flow of any more tears. Her teeth grinded together. This was a kind of pain she was unfamiliar with.

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » September 30th, 2014, 4:48 am

Eva had to think for a moment about her answer after Ruby's emotional questioning. Sitting back up, but still holding Ruby's shoulders, she took a deep preparatory breath before speaking. She wanted to put it all out there at once. "The short answer doesn't really cut it, so I'm gonna try and explain this as best I can, okay? I see myself in you, in how you're trying to do something with a life that you're unsure of. I feel your pain from a different angle, and I trust you more than you can imagine, because you're one of the people who saved my life from a fate I can't even put into words. You're trying your best to make the world better, even if you don't understand some things. You've been hurt, and I want to help you... And I feel like you're one of very few people who trust me too, despite my... Affliction. You pulled me up when I felt useless, and it hurts to see you in pain because of something I said. And... And... I feel like there's more to say, but I just can't put it into damn words! But I can't give up on you, not with all that in mind!" Eva's voice was straining, trying to be clearly heard without her emotional state getting in the way. Her grip tightens on Ruby's shoulders again, a little less gently now. "D-do you get it?"

Serena frowned at the mention of something bad happening between Jacob and his fellow. "Nothing too bad happened, I hope? I don't really wander the city much, but there's still shows going on in the city center. Perhaps we could see a few?" At Jacob's comment about her dress she blushed slightly and puffed out her cheeks in a cutely defiant face. "You don't need flattery, but thank you very much. I did make it, but I've never had the occasion to wear it... For pretty much the reason you'd expect." She sighs lightly, smiling again. "That's no matter now though, let's go have some fun!"

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid

Post by Adamanttg » October 1st, 2014, 10:01 pm

The swirl of emotions in Ruby's head was becoming overwhelming. In her weakened state, it was difficult to keep them in check. The most she could do right now was no blurt out every new thought popping into her head. Her head pounded as if the thoughts themselves were trying to escape. Angry, sad, happy, she switched between each non-stop in her mind. The slightest pangs of power wavered up and down her limbs with wild abandon - she couldn't help but feel that if she was at full power something much worse would've come of this. Her eyes reflected the inner turmoil. Every so often, they would shake slightly as she attempted to pull back her wild emotions. Somehow, she managed to pull herself together long enough to hear most of Eva's words. Trust? Understanding? Was it really possible? No. It couldn't be. She was planning to betray her. No - she just didn't get it. But, wasn't it a possibility? Someone who could...
No - scum. No - pure. No - misunderstood. Which was it? Which? Run? Stay? Kill?

Grasping at her head with her hands, she groaned with increasing frustration. Why was it impossible...to think straight? She shook her head wildly, attempting to throw the thoughts clinging to her. Why wouldn't they go? Why would the pain just stop? No single part of her could agree - everything was utter chaos.

"Eva...goddammit...I can't...think...my...mind...!" Between almost every words, she had to pause, occasionally gasping for breath. Her voice conveyed her panic and lack of control. The only thing she could take solace in was the fact that she couldn't hurt Eva in this pitiful state. Or, was that what she wanted?

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper

Post by shadowpaine » October 1st, 2014, 10:09 pm

"an dont worry its nothing to major... just after things to get off my chest and seemed to have caused a bit of upset with one of others" jacob said as she ran his fingers through his hair just to calm himself before he turned a smile back to Serena "yes let us have enjoy the day while it lasts hmm?" jacob said as he then offered his arm to link with hers "i think we both deserved a day of fun and relaxation wouldnt you agree?"

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » October 3rd, 2014, 1:20 am

Seeing Ruby's reactions, Eva did the first thing that came to mind; she held one of Ruby's hands in her left hand, she laid her right hand on Ruby's head, and she returned to her awkward 'hug'. She brushed her hand through Ruby's hair as she stayed close, trying to calm her. Her voice was shaky, but Eva managed to keep it together enough to speak in a quiet and soft tone. "I'm here for you... I won't let you hurt alone... I'm here..."

When Jacob offered his arm, Serena smiled serenely, and took the offer. With her arm gently linked with his, she thought for a moment. "So let's see... There's a lot of shows still running daily right now... There's dancers, music, a circus' worth of performers, and probably some magic trick shows of some kind. I don't really mind what we watch, I'm just happy to be out and about, so lead the way!" She had a rather glowing smile when she looked back to Jacob, anticipation for the day at a peak. At the same time, she clung to his arm a little bit whenever people walked too close to them, seemingly without realizing it.

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper

Post by shadowpaine » October 3rd, 2014, 3:09 am

Hearing all the different events that were In town it was hard to chose one to start at, he smiled feeling serena link arms with him, it was strange though, this girl was the same as them in the forest... But diffrent... She wasn't trying to take advantage, use him or anything like that... She was actually looking to have a fun time around town.
Walking with her he noticed every time someone got close to them as they walked past he could feel her arm tighten around his, he leaned closer to her as he whispered "relax, I'm here with you?m, I won't let anyone harm you or upset you" he said softly and smiled, they soon reached the area with the attractions "feel free to choose our first destination" he said still smiling