The Forums have been refreshed! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=2333.
Project X 7.8 has been released! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2332

The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Dead RP's go here
Syn972
Eel
Eel
Favorite Character: Zu

Re: The Monster Inside All Of Us...

Post by Syn972 » October 6th, 2014, 5:17 am

It was pretty clear that everyone needed some time to clear their heads for the moment so with his newly gained personnel time Yugo chose to best spend it doing what her can to prepare for when he
Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footprints on the moon.

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » October 9th, 2014, 9:53 pm

What the hell was this? She had experienced some weird shit before, but this one was totally foreign. As such, she had no idea whatsoever how to deal with it. Her panicked breathing echoed her frantic state of mind. At the same time, the emotions all felt familiar. Something that had sat dormant for a long time and was stirred up by something, maybe. Not that this helped her any. She couldn't even force herself to focus on one thought. It was a horrifying sensation to lose control so completely. It made her want to kick and scream, but she couldn't even expend the energy for that much. Amidst the turmoil, she could vaguely hear Eva's voice. It was hard to focus, but it was there. There was little else she could do at this point. Forcing every last bit of her mind onto Eva right now was all there was. She tethered herself to the sound of the girl's voice, the feeling of her hand running through her hair. Nothing else. No other thoughts.

Her breathing stabilized again. But she remained in this state. She wasn't even sure what would happen if she tried to go back. She didn't even notice until this point that she was clinging to Eva. What was she doing? Releasing her grip, she realised that she was able to think once more. How could it just come and go like that? Ruby averted her gaze. She remained silent, completely speechless after her display. What was there that she could say?

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » October 10th, 2014, 1:05 am

Eva did her best to weather the storm, even when she found herself shocked by Ruby tightly hugging her back. She just kept quietly trying to ease Ruby's panic, being as soothing as she could. When Ruby released her though, she took a moment to realize Ruby was looking away, as if embarrassed. Sitting back up, but still combing through Ruby's hair with a hand, she had a hunch she knew what might be up. "... Have you ever just... cried to cry? Sometimes I think people need that you know. You've seen me at my lowest... If you want to cry, that's no problem for me. I'll stay with you until you're done, y'know?" She offered the last part hopefully, trying to get Ruby to look back at her.

Yugo would find a fair deal of success with his experimentation, especially when the spell would aim to use the traits of the items whose form they used. The main thing that might arise to be an issue, was that seemingly he couldn't cast healing light and structured light at the same time. Two different types at once would require two thought processes at once, and that would prove incredibly difficult to pull off.

Serena smiled appreciatively at Jacob, realizing just how clingy she'd been getting with her reactions. "Oh, I'm sorry about that! I'm not all that used to being out and about, as you can probably guess." Jacob's encouragement to select their first stop had her looking about, carefully weighing each choice. "Well we could always see the strongmen, but then again I wouldn't want you running up to compete with them!" She giggles impishly at her joke and gently nudges him in the ribs. "Seriously though, let's try the acrobats." She points down the way to the right, and an open-sided stage can be seen with many slender women and tightly dressed men performing on mats and ropes, doing things that would take a great deal of agility. Perhaps even agility that Jacob would be close to possessing?

Sitting alone in his room, Mordecai had remained transfixed by the claws on his hand as if they were a sign of his inner self. After his outside layer of calmness had cracked from Jacob's scathing comment, he'd found himself far more susceptible to suggestion, and the claws had suggested an inner monstrosity. However, after a long period of time sitting and stewing, and thinking only about the things he'd done long before, he realized something. He'd never forsook that somewhat 'feral' part of himself, even when he moved on from where he learned it. Even in the current day, it was his battlerage. His trigger to his violent strength in combat. He realized that, despite the way he'd learned his skills being regrettable, the skills themselves were never evil. Unsightly maybe, but in a way it just made him a mirror of the world itself... He was a duality. A calm, reasonable, caring person was what he sought to be, and what he tried to be every day. His shield. The cruel, violent, instinctively destructive side that he had learned to bare when raging, that was his sword. A shield for others, a sword for himself. Maybe that was the way it was meant to be. All of this came to him as he stared at the iron of the claw upon his fist, until the moment that it melted away and back into that sphere it originally was.

The last thing to do was to test it. If he could make that metal take another form, and change it as he willed, it would be his sign. So he grasped the sphere that laid on the floor, shut the door behind him, and focused. He focused not on what form to give it, but what it was for. This was to protect. And, after his eyes opened, he saw a shield on his arm. Despite all that had led him there today, this one sight validated the whole ordeal.

In a way, he felt free.
"Got any twos?" "I got two pairs." "I call doubt!" "You didn't say Uno."

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper
Favorite Character: Shadow

Post by shadowpaine » October 10th, 2014, 9:28 pm

"Tis fine" jacob said as serena apologies for how tight she was holding him, they arrived at the attractions to which serena made a joke about him challenging the strong men causing him to laugh "oh come on, I wouldn't take on those guys in a straight up fight, I maybe confident but not foolish" he said laughing as they went to look at the acrobats.

Watching the men and women he could t help but smile as he watched as he mumbled 'judging' their proformance "sloppy on the entrance, losing a lot of momentum there.... With that stance he is risking falling when he catches her..." He muttered as he was still near serena before glancing at her "enjoying the show?"

Syn972
Eel
Eel

Post by Syn972 » October 13th, 2014, 3:49 am

Meditating in an attempt to ease the stress on his mind Yugo stifled a small chuckle at a passing rumor that had gone through his make shift family of dragons about how there were some people out there that could recover from their wounds just from doing this.

Sheesh what kind of freak of nature is that?

Reclining after a bit he took to ink and quill again, seeing as Ruby was now awake he figured she

Adamanttg
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by Adamanttg » October 14th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Ruby could feel her presence of mind fading. The familiar tug of darkness was emerging once more. Her vision swayed slightly as she did her best to hold on for the moment. The slight tinge of embarrassment was barely hidden from plain sight on her face. Honestly, she still couldn't believe she did that. Or, anything she'd done since she woken up, really. What had gotten into her? It was against her philosophy to do this kind of thing. When Eva finished her line, she reacted with shock, or at least as much as she could display in her downtrodden state.

"What...? Are you...kidding...? That's weakness..." The way she spoke the last word seemed to imply some kind of disgust for the word itself and everything it implied. Darkness began creeping up in the corners of her vision, her mind barely able to hang on. However, she still had something to say.

"I...hate it. Feelings....are the kind of thing that stop you...getting strong...and get people killed...if only...back then...I...had..." Her arm raised up into the air, past Eva as if grasping for some invisible object. But before she could even finish her sentence, she fell limp and finally fell victim to the darkness, falling unconscious once more.

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » October 15th, 2014, 6:49 am

When Ruby passed out, Eva placed a hand to her neck and confirmed her pulse before anything. She wasn't gonna take a risk here. Being sure that Ruby was still of their world, Eva leaned back and dragged the note over from the door, quietly mumbling each word she read. A ponderous 'Hmm...' sounded, considering a variety of things. Mostly whether Ruby was likely to wake up. Deciding that no, she likely wouldn't for several hours, she figured it best to take Yugo up on the offer. Gently placing a pillow under Ruby's head and brushing her hair out of her face, Eva stood and stretched her legs carefully, having been sat down longer than usual for her. She retrieves her weapon, giving it a light whirl and slotting it into the sheath, then goes to Yugo's room and knocks on the door, waiting briefly before talking through it. "Heya, she's passed out right now, so if you're quiet I don't think she'll wake up anytime soon. I'd appreciate if you'd help her out a bit. I'm gonna... Y'know. Do a little reading. I'll be back soon." She then steps a little further down the hall to Mordecai's room, looking in just as he's starting to look a little more hopeful again. "Hey dork, are you alright..?"

Morde, as distracted as he was, didn't expect to hear her. He seemed startled, but quickly turned to face her, spherical implement in hand. "Uh, ah, yeah. I'm fine now- I mean, I'm fine. Need anything?"

Eva simply sighs. "We'll talk when I get back. You know I know you, dork." She then walked off, heading downstairs and out the door into town. Morde himself sighed as well, remembering that 'dork' was her nickname for him whenever she was bothered by something. Which, granted, was a lot of the time, but it still made him wonder.

Focusing back on Evangeline, she found herself a little bit sidetracked on her route to the palace. A large commotion reminded her of the shows and stands in the town center, and as she dashed along them stretching her legs, she also found herself browsing. As she passed the stage of what looked to be acrobats, she glanced at them shortly, trying to pick up a couple of tricks, but didn't see anything particularly useful to her. She dodged around a growing crowd, and worked her way back toward her initial goal. When she did arrive at the palace after several minutes of high speed running, she wiped her brow of a bit of sweat and gathered her breath, finally approaching the guards to be let in. She followed their directions without exploring the building, finally ready for results. After working her way to the same room where Mordecai, Jacob and Yugo had went, she was let in by a high ranking officer instead of Mia. With the man watching her, she ignored the beautiful treasures that filled the room and went straight for the book, flipping it open and receiving much the same experience as Jacob and Yugo had. Vision bordered by a green tinge, a feeling of tingling lightness in her veins, and a superb level of clarity that lifted a metaphorical fog in her mind. When the book slammed shut, she fell to her butt rubbing her head, slightly dizzy for a moment. She stood and brushed herself off, stepping out of the room and thanking the officer.

On her way toward the palace exterior however, she had a thought. What if she could use her magic for more than gusts? Her education told her that wind was critical in a lot of weather phenomena, alongside moisture and heat... Maybe there was something to be gained from a little reading? A quick question with a guard confirmed that she wasn't permitted to access the library here herself, so she'd need to go elsewhere... Leaving the palace, she crossed through the same crowd as before, passing the acrobats in search of somewhere that she could obtain a book about weather. This time however, she felt swifter than ever, as if her unlocked element had improved a part of her own body. A light breeze followed in her wake, contrasting the hot atmosphere of the city.
(This goes for everyone. Earth improves physical resilience and strength, Fire improves stamina and gives 'bursts' of power, but there's no reference material for Light. I'm not quite sure about Light just yet. Syn, if you've got an idea or something that sounds fitting, PM me please.)

When Jacob would look at Serena, he'd see her watching him and holding back laughter. "Yep, I'm enjoying the show alright. Sure sounds like you've got some experience in their field though, I wonder why that is? Not every adventurer could give an acrobat pointers... Were you in a circus?" She smiles widely at that comment, clearly almost laughing.

Syn972
Eel
Eel

Post by Syn972 » October 21st, 2014, 12:47 am

Ignoring the forethought of telling Eva what to expect

shadowpaine
PeaceKeeper
PeaceKeeper
Favorite Character: Shadow

Post by shadowpaine » October 23rd, 2014, 4:52 pm

Shroomz wrote: When Jacob would look at Serena, he'd see her watching him and holding back laughter. "Yep, I'm enjoying the show alright. Sure sounds like you've got some experience in their field though, I wonder why that is? Not every adventurer could give an acrobat pointers... Were you in a circus?" She smiles widely at that comment, clearly almost laughing.

jacob realised that he was talking aloud when he saw that serena was looking at him and almost laughing "ah well I'm not with the circus, its just that for my adventures i tend to rely more on finesse and skill rather then brute force that others tend to focus on." jacob said with a smile and rubbing the back of his neck "just things that i have learned from my travels and personal experience when doing some of the things these are doing" he looks down to his legs with a weak smile "yeah ... very painful landings"

Shroomz
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Shroomz » October 25th, 2014, 10:53 pm

During the time that Mordecai was alone after Eva had left, he decided to do some brainstorming. From what he could tell so far, his new abilities revolved around this one sphere of red iron, and what he could make it do. Claws, a shield, what else could it become? Experimentation began for him, and he spent a great deal of time behind a locked door, testing different shapes the metal could take when he focused. A couple in particular caught his attention, and he made sure to remember them for later.

Evangeline, on the other hand, was still looking for somewhere to get a book about weather. She dashed to and fro through the city thoroughfare without much success. Eventually, she felt she was just wasting energy by running, and turned it down to a brisk walk. Finally, she found a bookstore almost on the opposite end of the city from where she began. In fact, the shop had a rather interesting view of one of the main roads, and Eva noticed an odd group as she browsed the expensive looking books. A cluster of about five cloaked and hooded people, being let through the gate into the city without even being accosted by the gatekeepers. And, as they passed the shop's window and gave a view of their backs, it was clear as day; with the insignia so blatantly sewn into their cloaks, they had to be Illias Kruez. This could mean trouble later. For now though, Eva decided to avoid a reckless fight, and stepped out of the shop to follow them. "... Yeesh, this'd be a great time for Jacob to show off."

Serena showed a sympathetic look as Jacob spoke of painful landings, and nods. "I sometimes wish I had a different body, so I could do fun stuff like that. Not the painful landings bit, of course, but I wish I could do acrobatics; it looks like such a rush!" She sighs dreamily before gesturing at her lower body. "Legs like these don't really mix well with long falls, especially with how... heavy... we can be. Sure I can climb or pounce..." She makes a teasing 'clawing' motion with her hands and playfully growls through her teeth, before giggling. "... But there's no real fun to that. I mean, isn't it better when there's some verticality involved?"