[FORUM] Unexpected Outage

General Discussion, News and Updates about the Forums
User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 424
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

[FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Miles » March 6th, 2016, 8:01 pm

Hey guys,

On Saturday, March 5th at approximately 8pm GMT, the server hosting this site went down, it took down all my other sites as well.
Total downtime was around 2 hours, the server came back up around 10:30pm GMT

Sorry if this caused any interruptions for any of you.

This Topic will be global for a week from posting and then will drop down into a normal topic automatically.
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap
Posts: 560
Joined: December 9th, 2013, 1:18 am
Favorite Character: Rouge

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by troy168 » March 6th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Well I want to let you know that my computer won't connect to your site, it said that my connection is not private with net_err_invalid, I tried the many suggestions around the net, but none of them works.
Spoiler
Show
Image

User avatar
Zylphe
Decoe
Decoe
Posts: 1199
Joined: May 1st, 2013, 4:58 am
Favorite Character: Sonic
Gender:

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Zylphe » March 6th, 2016, 9:18 pm

Weird....Are you sure you have enough $ for the hosting Miles? Need more donations?

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 424
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Miles » March 6th, 2016, 10:43 pm

troy168 wrote:Well I want to let you know that my computer won't connect to your site, it said that my connection is not private with net_err_invalid, I tried the many suggestions around the net, but none of them works.
Could you let me know what site you're trying to access and provide a screenshot, thanks :3
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 424
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Miles » March 6th, 2016, 10:47 pm

Zylphe wrote:Weird....Are you sure you have enough $ for the hosting Miles? Need more donations?
More donations always help in my life, still unemployed, lol.
But my host just had a bit of downtime, they had it sorted in a couple of hours and were very good at keeping me posted.
That's the first outage I've had in 5 years of being with them!

Thanks for asking though :3
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap
Posts: 560
Joined: December 9th, 2013, 1:18 am
Favorite Character: Rouge

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by troy168 » March 6th, 2016, 11:45 pm

Miles Kjeller wrote:
troy168 wrote:Well I want to let you know that my computer won't connect to your site, it said that my connection is not private with net_err_invalid, I tried the many suggestions around the net, but none of them works.
Could you let me know what site you're trying to access and provide a screenshot, thanks :3
I wish I could use a screenshot, but the android can't do that, and site I am talking about is forum.thezetateam.org, so even if I got the screenshot, I have no way to provide it.
Spoiler
Show
Image

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 424
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Miles » March 7th, 2016, 12:15 am

troy168 wrote:
Miles Kjeller wrote:
troy168 wrote:Well I want to let you know that my computer won't connect to your site, it said that my connection is not private with net_err_invalid, I tried the many suggestions around the net, but none of them works.
Could you let me know what site you're trying to access and provide a screenshot, thanks :3
I wish I could use a screenshot, but the android can't do that, and site I am talking about is forum.thezetateam.org, so even if I got the screenshot, I have no way to provide it.
On Android, simultaneously press Power and Volume Down whilst on the screen you wish to take the screenshot of.
You can then upload it to either imgur, with the imgur app or to the forum with the built in attachment system (you may need to transfer the screenshot to the computer first)

Are you accessing the site with Browser, Chrome, Firefox or some other browser from the play store?
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
Dovexus
MotoBug
MotoBug
Posts: 38
Joined: May 9th, 2013, 3:30 am
Favorite Character: Rouge
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Dovexus » March 7th, 2016, 1:55 am

Just glad to see it's back keep up the good work all of Zeta-Team
As we all fight it is up to us to show mercy and not take the life of another human being no matter what has happened we must not take each others lives into our own hands

User avatar
troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap
Posts: 560
Joined: December 9th, 2013, 1:18 am
Favorite Character: Rouge

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by troy168 » March 7th, 2016, 7:56 am

Miles Kjeller wrote:
Could you let me know what site you're trying to access and provide a screenshot, thanks :3

On Android, simultaneously press Power and Volume Down whilst on the screen you wish to take the screenshot of.
You can then upload it to either imgur, with the imgur app or to the forum with the built in attachment system (you may need to transfer the screenshot to the computer first)

Are you accessing the site with Browser, Chrome, Firefox or some other browser from the play store?
I apologized for not being clearer, I meant to say that my computer can't access the forum, and if you must know, my computer is using Chrome.
Spoiler
Show
Image

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 424
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [FORUM] Unexpected Outage

Post by Miles » March 7th, 2016, 3:51 pm

troy168 wrote:
Miles Kjeller wrote:
Could you let me know what site you're trying to access and provide a screenshot, thanks :3

On Android, simultaneously press Power and Volume Down whilst on the screen you wish to take the screenshot of.
You can then upload it to either imgur, with the imgur app or to the forum with the built in attachment system (you may need to transfer the screenshot to the computer first)

Are you accessing the site with Browser, Chrome, Firefox or some other browser from the play store?
I apologized for not being clearer, I meant to say that my computer can't access the forum, and if you must know, my computer is using Chrome.
Ok, confirm you are using the latest version of Chrome (v49 at time of writing) and attempt to access the site by specifically going to https://forum.thezetateam.org/ if the error persists, please confirm if you can or can't access http://mileskjeller.net and https://art.mileskjeller.net/ (they are hosted in the same place)
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

Post Reply