Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Favorite Character: Tails

[URGENT] Miles' Donation Drive II

Post by Miles » May 30th, 2016, 1:32 pm

URGENT UPDATE : viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1804&p=46868#p46868

Hey all!

Sorry to have to make a post like this again, but, here we are nearly 6 months since the last post (viewtopic.php?f=48&t=1667) and 8 months from when I left my hyper stressful job to look for opportunities anew.

Well, 8 months later, I've had one job interview out of over 200 submitted CVs and that was for a job in a corner shop fixing iPhones in an environment so hectic it made my old job look like a relaxing day in the summer sun!

I'm also on recruitment sites, the result of that is that my cell phone number (once reserved for essential matters only) has been sold to telemarketers, along with my email address. So now I have to deal with calls and emails from spammers, scammers and more, so it's hard or nearly impossible to filter the legitimate messages from the fake ones.
The recruitment sites have been <sarcasm> exceptionally helpful </sarcasm> in finding me a new job. It has been suggested I apply for the following jobs:
  • Undertaker
  • Air Traffic Controller
  • Accountant
  • Taxi Driver
  • Delivery Driver
Never have they once suggested even anything close to my field of work or anything I'm even remotely qualified for...

Anyway, I'm rambling. My parents are supporting me at the moment, I'm fortunate that I live at home, however they can't support me forever and I'm in a bit of a situation.
Several domain names and some site hosting is coming up for renewal. This could be around a £400.

I did not want to have to do another one of these, but I ask those of you that can, could you chuck some money my way so I can keep everything up and running smoothly.
The most I can offer in return for a donation is a remote once-over or cleanup of one of your computers or something similar.

EDIT: The top donator this round will get a personalised "Rank" (the little picture under your main one) on the forum as a permanent thank you for your help.

You can either go to my PayPal.ME to donate directly to mileskjeller[at]gmail.com over PayPal.
Please don't mention the site or the project, I may not be directly involved with the game, but PayPal are weird when it comes to 18+ stuff.
Do include your username though so I can send you a thank you PM and give you a shout out in this thread.

Again, I'm sorry it's come to this, but to keep the site up and continue operating my other endeavours I do need a bit of a cash injection right now.

Thank you all for listening, even if you can't donate.

Miles :3

Current Totals Donated

Code: Select all

USD 19.48 (Curse you International PayPal Fees)
EUR 110
GBP 0
AUD 20
Current Donators
Spoiler
Show
  • Stuffie Undisclosed Donation
  • Anonymous Donor 20AUD
  • maxnon 10EUR
  • Anonymous Donor 10USD
  • Yuni Hermit 5USD
  • potionaddict 5USD
  • Anonymous donors
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

SilverFire
Spider
Spider
Favorite Character: Silver

Re: Miles' Donation Drive II

Post by SilverFire » May 30th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Hey np,
I'm not insane just a playful psycho! :twisted: :evil:
Spoiler
Show

Stuffie
Renamon
Renamon
Favorite Character: Rouge

Donor

Post by Stuffie » May 30th, 2016, 11:35 pm

Miles Kjeller wrote:EDIT: The top donator this round will get a personalised "Rank" (the little picture under your main one) on the forum as a permanent thank you for your help.

Give my PayPal about two days to load up, and the battle for a personalized rank is ON!

JediMage
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Post by JediMage » May 31st, 2016, 12:39 am

Miles Kjeller wrote:
  • Air Traffic Controller
I think this could be a suitable one no? I mean it should involve something like sitting in the control tower, monitoring much stuff to give correct instructions to pilots... And i heard in real live planes dont crash into control towers as often as they do in the movies...

Also you can always try to go on audition, and there poke around about whenever they got job for you and your degree instead of the "Accountant" one...

And look, no jokes about how Undertaker would suit you with last game update being more than year ago! See this sheet right here, its some high class sheet, not your ordinary "lets joke about how the game didnt had an update in a year already" sheet!

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » May 31st, 2016, 1:12 am

JediMage wrote:
Miles Kjeller wrote:
  • Air Traffic Controller
I think this could be a suitable one no? I mean it should involve something like sitting in the control tower, monitoring much stuff to give correct instructions to pilots... And i heard in real live planes dont crash into control towers as often as they do in the movies...

Also you can always try to go on audition, and there poke around about whenever they got job for you and your degree instead of the "Accountant" one...

And look, no jokes about how Undertaker would suit you with last game update being more than year ago! See this sheet right here, its some high class sheet, not your ordinary "lets joke about how the game didnt had an update in a year already" sheet!
Believe me I've looked into this stuff. To become an ATC you have to have had a certain amount of experience with aircraft, have specific licences and have specific qualifications. These recruitment sites are just full of shit.

And I don't have anything specific to do with the game, I just manage the forum, site and chat! :3

AndroPro
Grounder
Grounder

Post by AndroPro » May 31st, 2016, 2:39 am

Too bad I can not donate, I would like to donate but most, including me they need money, sorry :( :cry:

JediMage
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Post by JediMage » May 31st, 2016, 10:38 am

Miles Kjeller wrote: And I don't have anything specific to do with the game, I just manage the forum, site and chat! :3
Yeah, well, its not like udertakers have much to do with their clients either ;)

Jokes aside, some job finding sites are not like the others, although i used only Russian ones. Also as a socially awkward guy myself i can correlate (Although i am less closed when it comes to speaking on english. I think that this theory that for each language you learn you develop a different personality is true) about how hard it can be to find a not stressful job

P.S. For some reason i googled "jobs in uk" and found few sites, although i forgot which degree you search for job in(or which region of UK you live in) so sorry that i had to stop there -_-

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » May 31st, 2016, 12:22 pm

JediMage wrote:
Miles Kjeller wrote: And I don't have anything specific to do with the game, I just manage the forum, site and chat! :3
Yeah, well, its not like udertakers have much to do with their clients either ;)

Jokes aside, some job finding sites are not like the others, although i used only Russian ones. Also as a socially awkward guy myself i can correlate (Although i am less closed when it comes to speaking on english. I think that this theory that for each language you learn you develop a different personality is true) about how hard it can be to find a not stressful job

P.S. For some reason i googled "jobs in uk" and found few sites, although i forgot which degree you search for job in(or which region of UK you live in) so sorry that i had to stop there -_-
Thanks for the support Jedi, I have an interview on Friday, so fingers crossed it's not a disaster.
Still need money to keep things going though until I get it and then until I get paid, haha.

Bololo
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Shadow

Post by Bololo » June 1st, 2016, 2:31 am

it is the same friend I'm also in my country we have no food and the currency is not worth much so we have to work to eat in Venezuela People are fighting over food and stole money that had so we are equal

Zylphe
Decoe
Decoe
Favorite Character: Sonic

Post by Zylphe » June 2nd, 2016, 5:50 am

Its quite rough we live in a day and age where your worth is valued in cash and labor. Just me rambling on. I would love and help Miles but right now I am in a tight spot of my own. I see if I can scrounge up some odd jobs at home but as things are. Most of my money comes from my disabled father who I am caring for.

I don't suppose you could invent something that people would ironically have a nessessity in their daily lives and you could patent it so you can make something?
I don't know how the UK does their product pushing but in the States some savvy *even those who are struggling* often come up with some clever item which people would create.

I suggest to check out Shark Tank. Either that or with your technical prowess to find digital work that is suitable for you.

Just throwing ideas out there.... Please don't bite my head off.