Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Favorite Character: Tails

[WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by Miles » September 23rd, 2016, 11:42 am

EDIT
Great news everyone!
We got adminship of the Wiki back when Pen recovered her Wikia account and promoted me to full Admin.
Members of the "Wiki Team" have admin or moderation access there and can help keep the page clean and nicely formatted.

Anyone is encouraged to update or expand the page to further flesh it out.
We are still having trouble with "Alt language" versions of the page, but we're working on that still.

Thanks for your continued support.

Original Post Below:
Spoiler
Show
Hello all!

As you may or may not be aware, we have a Wikia page... frustratingly it was created by the trolls that plagued the forums a year or so ago, but we managed to seize control of it.
The problem is, the user that was assigned to be the admin of the Wiki hasn't been online for a while and the trolls have returned, so we have no way of stopping their malicious edits.
It's got to the point where they have even created two "alternate language" versions of the page, containing their lies about the game being a rip off of theirs, complete with outlandish claims that Zeta was created by them, amongst other things.

Wikia staff refuse to help as it's "Not their job to police community wikis", combined with them not seeming to understand that these trolls aren't members of our community, and are effectively committing slander. With Wikia, of course, being complicit in their actions.

What we need is a group of people, familiar with the game and it's content, as well as Wiki editing to join Wikia and help us fully flesh it out to make it as close to official as we can without Admin access, before the trolls totally take over. (I have no idea how to edit a wiki).
At that point I'll be able to get Wikia to assign a new administrator to the Wiki page, and we'll be able to banish the trolls for good.

So, who's with me!?

EDIT:
With interest in this having been shown in chat and a little here, here's the link to the main wiki:
http://projectxlovepotiondisaster.wikia.com/

The "Russian" and "Japanese" ones are linked below, we have 0 control, and the trolls are admins:
http://ru.projectxlovepotiondisaster.wikia.com/
http://ja.projectxlovepotiondisaster.wikia.com/
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

Magma
Spider
Spider
Favorite Character: Nicole

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by Magma » September 23rd, 2016, 1:51 pm

I've added the proper categories to the pages Enemies, Stage 3: Atlantis Ruins and Stage 4: Pumpkin Kingdom as well as added the enemies to Stage 4 page
Things could always go worse, like stuff could be blowing up...
But when it does, you better make sure it's a glorious explosion!

Dead2112man
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Post by Dead2112man » September 23rd, 2016, 1:59 pm

A possible link to the Wiki here would or edited in your orginal post would be nice.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester for "Dark Impulses" the creators of "Pokemorph" over on the LoK Forums

Papanomics
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Zeta

Post by Papanomics » September 23rd, 2016, 10:05 pm

Do we care about trolls trolling the Wiki?

Following the game since the Toonpimp days

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » September 23rd, 2016, 10:08 pm

Papanomics wrote:Do we care about trolls trolling the Wiki?
We've had a few people join from the Wiki, or mention it during signup.
It's still a gateway, and could be used as a brilliant repository of info about PX as it evolves.

We just need to maintain it.

habisain
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Amy

Post by habisain » September 24th, 2016, 12:52 am

While I'm not able to commit enough time to do anything major on the Wiki, have you approached Wikia in the right way?

Looking at the terms of use of Wikia, the trolls are blatantly violating the terms. I see two real options:

1) Report the trolls for violating "Post any illegal or unauthorized content or use for any illegal or unauthorized purposes"
2) Submit a DMCA request requiring Wikia to either turn over the Wiki, and all translations, to someone who holds Copyright on Project X (or to nuke it from orbit, either way works, right?)

Option 2 is probably the one that'll get results fastest as they're legally bound to at least take the content down unless there's a counterclaim.

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » September 24th, 2016, 1:04 am

habisain wrote:While I'm not able to commit enough time to do anything major on the Wiki, have you approached Wikia in the right way?

Looking at the terms of use of Wikia, the trolls are blatantly violating the terms. I see two real options:

1) Report the trolls for violating "Post any illegal or unauthorized content or use for any illegal or unauthorized purposes"
2) Submit a DMCA request requiring Wikia to either turn over the Wiki, and all translations, to someone who holds Copyright on Project X (or to nuke it from orbit, either way works, right?)

Option 2 is probably the one that'll get results fastest as they're legally bound to at least take the content down unless there's a counterclaim.
I've gone down Option 1, apparently it's not Wikia's job to police Wiki pages for fear of making Wikia pages "Marketing Vehicles" (I'm not kidding)
Option 2 is at risk of just being counterclaimed, because if it is, Wikia sides with the counter-claimant unless we actually go to court.

I have a Wikia admin looking at it now though, and if we can build the Wiki up proper, we can claim it as ours!

charlie67894
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Dr.Eggman

Post by charlie67894 » September 24th, 2016, 1:58 am

I support you

habisain
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Amy

Post by habisain » September 24th, 2016, 2:19 am

Miles wrote:I've gone down Option 1, apparently it's not Wikia's job to police Wiki pages for fear of making Wikia pages "Marketing Vehicles" (I'm not kidding)
Option 2 is at risk of just being counterclaimed, because if it is, Wikia sides with the counter-claimant unless we actually go to court.

I have a Wikia admin looking at it now though, and if we can build the Wiki up proper, we can claim it as ours!
It sounds like you've reported edits, rather than breaches of the code of conduct... And on option 2, the thing is that a DMCA claim on the main, English, wiki should result in the claim notification going to the currently MIA admin. That should either get their attention (so they login and hopefully see a message from you, sent by the Wiki system) or be completely ignored. Burn the English wiki, and the translations should go up in smoke as well. You can then reregister the English wiki with the appropriate admins.

Whichever way you go about it though, good luck.

qrushen
Mermaid
Mermaid

Post by qrushen » September 24th, 2016, 6:14 am

Miles wrote:
Papanomics wrote:Do we care about trolls trolling the Wiki?
We've had a few people join from the Wiki, or mention it during signup.
It's still a gateway, and could be used as a brilliant repository of info about PX as it evolves.

We just need to maintain it.
I am afaid I am with Papanomics on this one Miles I can give two Gifs what other people think about project or project R in a negative way....expect the wait time =w=' :oops: people are all was going to say they made something they have not I can say I created the moon Admins not going to stop me from saying it =w='
Spoiler
Show
Image Thank you GeoExe for the new gif :P