[WIKI] Call to Arms

General Discussion, News and Updates about the Forums
User avatar
francyszz3
Evil Zu
Evil Zu
Posts: 569
Joined: July 29th, 2014, 12:51 am
Favorite Character: Zu
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by francyszz3 » September 30th, 2016, 1:02 am

I want to edit the Zu's wiki, since is really outdated and incomplete, also remove the part of the evil Zu since is something useless, just i don't have a decent English, i guess is not a big deal edit a wiki
Probably i'll add some important information about Zeta in her wiki
Spoiler
Show
Image
She comes back!

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by Miles » September 30th, 2016, 1:24 am

francyszz3 wrote:I want to edit the Zu's wiki, since is really outdated and incomplete, also remove the part of the evil Zu since is something useless, just i don't have a decent English, i guess is not a big deal edit a wiki
Probably i'll add some important information about Zeta in her wiki
Feel free to flesh things out, other users can correct grammar and language, so don't worry about that.

Also, Evil Zu is still relevant as she's still in the game, and the entries provide some insight into how the character acts without potentially spoiling her behaviour.
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
francyszz3
Evil Zu
Evil Zu
Posts: 569
Joined: July 29th, 2014, 12:51 am
Favorite Character: Zu
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by francyszz3 » September 30th, 2016, 5:31 am

Miles wrote:Feel free to flesh things out, other users can correct grammar and language, so don't worry about that.

Also, Evil Zu is still relevant as she's still in the game, and the entries provide some insight into how the character acts without potentially spoiling her behaviour.
I don't think is relevant, since is not something own of her, is just a "mode", but thinking better the things it'll be relevant for a future detail about the new evil Zu, so i'll touch that part after the next uptade
Anyways she will be playable again, so is not the only thing that will be about :zu: in PX
Spoiler
Show
Image
She comes back!

User avatar
bikininspector
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 8
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 12:07 am
Favorite Character: Blaze

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by bikininspector » October 1st, 2016, 9:15 pm

its great news that the wikia is beck in the right hands!
Spoiler
Show
Image

User avatar
SilverFire
Spider
Spider
Posts: 165
Joined: May 4th, 2016, 8:23 pm
Favorite Character: Silver
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by SilverFire » October 4th, 2016, 12:51 am

I could try to help.. if you want but where the link
I'm not insane just a playful psycho! :twisted: :evil:
Spoiler
Show
Image

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by Miles » October 7th, 2016, 9:33 am

We are looking for people who are fluent in English and any of the following languages

Russian, Czech, Ukrainian, Japanese [Pages Under Troll Control]
European French, Italian, Dutch, European Spanish [Pages Under Our Control]

We need to build these Wiki pages up to help fight our side and show that we are providing constructive edits (not just edit warring with the troll)

If you are good at Wiki Formatting that would also be good, but we can have two teams. People who create content and people who format it.
As long as we're creating content and not just fighting that will look really good for us.

If you want to join in, let me know what language you speak and I can send you links to get you started.
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
JackieHoute
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber
Posts: 63
Joined: May 12th, 2016, 11:25 am
Favorite Character: Rouge
Gender:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by JackieHoute » October 7th, 2016, 10:12 am

Miles wrote:We are looking for people who are fluent in English and any of the following languages

Russian, Czech, Ukrainian, Japanese [Pages Under Troll Control]
European French, Italian, Dutch, European Spanish [Pages Under Our Control]

We need to build these Wiki pages up to help fight our side and show that we are providing constructive edits (not just edit warring with the troll)

If you are good at Wiki Formatting that would also be good, but we can have two teams. People who create content and people who format it.
As long as we're creating content and not just fighting that will look really good for us.

If you want to join in, let me know what language you speak and I can send you links to get you started.
Czech is my first language. I'd love to help out. :)
Gonta telling truth! Gentlemen never tell lies!

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by Miles » October 7th, 2016, 10:15 am

JackieHoute wrote:
Miles wrote:We are looking for people who are fluent in English and any of the following languages

Russian, Czech, Ukrainian, Japanese [Pages Under Troll Control]
European French, Italian, Dutch, European Spanish [Pages Under Our Control]

We need to build these Wiki pages up to help fight our side and show that we are providing constructive edits (not just edit warring with the troll)

If you are good at Wiki Formatting that would also be good, but we can have two teams. People who create content and people who format it.
As long as we're creating content and not just fighting that will look really good for us.

If you want to join in, let me know what language you speak and I can send you links to get you started.
Czech is my first language. I'd love to help out. :)
Here's the link : http://cs.projectxlovepotiondisaster.wikia.com/

Bear in mind a Troll controls that wiki, so be constructive, not destructive.
Don't remove anything if you don't have to, just generally tidy up and correct information.
Try and subtly remove information about "Metro Active : X"

If your edits get reverted, or you get blocked, inform me and I'll alert Wikia
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
SilverFire
Spider
Spider
Posts: 165
Joined: May 4th, 2016, 8:23 pm
Favorite Character: Silver
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by SilverFire » October 7th, 2016, 4:42 pm

Miles wrote:We are looking for people who are fluent in English and any of the following languages

Russian, Czech, Ukrainian, Japanese [Pages Under Troll Control]
European French, Italian, Dutch, European Spanish [Pages Under Our Control]

We need to build these Wiki pages up to help fight our side and show that we are providing constructive edits (not just edit warring with the troll)

If you are good at Wiki Formatting that would also be good, but we can have two teams. People who create content and people who format it.
As long as we're creating content and not just fighting that will look really good for us.

If you want to join in, let me know what language you speak and I can send you links to get you started.
English is my first language but i do know basic Italian and Spanish.
I'm not insane just a playful psycho! :twisted: :evil:
Spoiler
Show
Image

User avatar
JackieHoute
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber
Posts: 63
Joined: May 12th, 2016, 11:25 am
Favorite Character: Rouge
Gender:

Re: [WIKI] Call to Arms

Post by JackieHoute » October 7th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Well, I have visited the Czech wikia page and it was...certainly an interesting experience. If you have several minutes of free time, I shall tell you what has happened in the last 6-7 hours:

The first thing that caught my attention was the translation of the game's title: "Projekt X: Sokoli pomsta" which means "Project X: The Falcon's revenge". Not the best first impression I've ever seen. The wikia seems to be managed by user Irsen84, who was causing trouble on the English Project X wiki several days ago and who post pages on the Russian and Japanese pages of "Action in Moscow".
There were only two pages on the wiki:
1) A stub page of Zeta with only her bio consisting of first appearance, creator, voice actor, sex and abilities.
2) "Conductor Steward" - also only with bio (possibly an enemy from That "Mod" X?). There's also a "Pruvodci Technik" page (which means Conductor Steward, according to Google Translate anyway..) that redirects you to this page.

Since I didn't know anything about creating and editing wikia pages (sorry Miles :( ), I looked at the source code of the pages over at the English wikia for reference. After doing that I managed to create a new template for the bios and then I added and "corrected" information to the Zeta page and created new Amy and Blaze pages (since I wanted to know what kind of person the moderator is, I only added a short character description and appearance). After that I went away to do some errands.

When I returned an hour later, I found that Irsen84 reacted. He has:
restricted the usage of my new (and gramatically correct I might add :x ) bio template,
erased Blaze's appearance description and only left my new bio and a short stubs that says she's playable,
did the same to Amy's page, only he reverted her bio to its old format,
altered Zeta's bio while also protecting the page from further editing and
sent me a message that, while containing Czech words, was total gibberish (I guess he didn't like me erasing stuff about the other games and told me that I should abide to the site's rules).
I have since replied to him, asking why he reversed my edits even though they only contained widely-known and correct information about the characters. There hasn't been a response in several hours so I decided to do a little test.

I have created a Tails page that has the same format as the others that I made. Of course, since he locked me out of my bio template, I have created an exact copy titled "Zkusme to po dobrem", meaning something akin to "Let's try handling this nicely" (a bit of a childish move on my part but if my theory is correct and he's using Google translate, he won't understand it anyway). I'll see how he will react in the morning and try to reach an understanding ("try" being the keyword).

Well, thanks for letting me ramble on about my first wikia editing experience. Hopefully this whole issue will get under control soon.
Gonta telling truth! Gentlemen never tell lies!

Post Reply