General Discussion, News and Updates about the Forums
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Favorite Character: Tails

[REGISTRATION] Registration temporarily closed

Post by Miles » June 13th, 2017, 10:55 pm

Hello all,

I have temporarily suspended new user registrations whilst I work through the backlog and update some things on the back end to make the registration process smoother for everyone!

Thanks for your patience.

Miles
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

ilpspp
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Amy

Re: [REGISTRATION] Registration temporarily closed

Post by ilpspp » June 14th, 2017, 8:47 am

can i ask you when i can play 6.x ver?

Papanomics
Mermaid
Mermaid
Favorite Character: Zeta

Post by Papanomics » June 14th, 2017, 10:40 am

Can your account be disabled or made dormant if you don't post? Not to sound bitchy, but there hasn't been much posted related to the game itself. I want the know if I should post somewhere to keep the account from going inactive.
The Forum Villain. Apparently.

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » June 14th, 2017, 12:01 pm

ilpspp wrote:can i ask you when i can play 6.x ver?
6.x will be out when it's ready. That's all the information I have on that.

papanomics wrote:Can your account be disabled or made dormant if you don't post? Not to sound bitchy, but there hasn't been much posted related to the game itself. I want the know if I should post somewhere to keep the account from going inactive.
Accounts were only suspended for inactivity once and that was last year, I suspended accounts that had not logged on in literally years.
People can email

Code: Select all

admin(at)thezetateam.org
to request account reactivation if they get caught in it.
Accounts are only ever deleted in extreme circumstances.

deathsman
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Knuckles

Post by deathsman » June 14th, 2017, 4:49 pm

how exactly will it be "smoother for everyone"?

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » June 14th, 2017, 11:04 pm

deathsman wrote:how exactly will it be "smoother for everyone"?
Working on making the registration process faster for both new users and for staff doing verification.

toki420
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Honey

Post by toki420 » June 15th, 2017, 6:35 am

Miles wrote:
Working on making the registration process faster for both new users and for staff doing verification.
just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work same goes for the rest of the people behind project x it must be tiring having to go through the the same crap every day (when is 6.x being released) that stuff well all I wanted to say was thanks for all your hard work and delivering us one of the best sex/hentai games i've ever played keep up the good work and take it easy.
:? :shock: :oops:

Darkheros
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Post by Darkheros » June 16th, 2017, 10:57 am

Miles wrote:
I rembered now the first time I tried to register on this forum... it was so damn difficult :x hahahahaha

Untamed
Spider
Spider

Post by Untamed » June 19th, 2017, 11:59 am

Can we ban this guy and others like this? This is a prime example of users that really don't belong here, users that the rest of the community look down upon.
They inadvertently bait most of us in our community into letting out the worst qualities of ourselves in a fit of rage because we are sick and tired of seeing people who do this.
People who make an account just to make one post, asking when the update is going to be released, if Cream and Blaze will get updated, etc..
I'm sure there are going to be a few people here telling me that it isn't a fair thing to do, but I feel that it is justifiable. Here is why.

Patience is something one learns somewhat early in life and it is a relatively easy concept to mentally grasp.
They are told that not everything happens instantly and if they want something right now they are mostly shit out of luck and have to wait.
Seeing as how most people at the age of 18 or older should surely already know how to be patient, theoretically, all the people who make an account on here just to ask when PX will be done are quite possibly, at least mentally, underage.
This may possibly go for people who have made an account on the forum ages ago, yet still ask when its going to be ready, multiple instances in some cases.

The ability to read is something people are taught at a (mostly) younger age.
Most people who have come as far as to be a member of this community should know how to read.
Yet, I see repeated questions in threads where the OP states that people should read through the thread and if the question they plan to ask is already answered, not to post asking the same question again.
If they knew how to read, or if they weren't lazy and skimmed past the OP just to ask the question regardless, they'd know not to do that.

You've seen these two quite toxic groups of people on the forum time and time again.
The ones who are impatient and the ones who can't read or are too lazy to read everything.
My plan (or idea) is to have new forum rules, and new standards set for account creation.
That way we can clean and medicate the forum of the disease that it is currently ridden with, and prevent another outbreak in the future.

Smooth registration for everyone is a good idea and all, but we really need some quality control.
The way to do that would be to have an FAQ that first time users have to read.
The FAQ will, like its name implies, be a list of the most frequently asked questions on the site.
The idea behind this is if people read this and know the answers, they won't need to ask them in any threads.

The FAQ will always be available after registration, but in the process of registration, measures will be made to make sure the FAQ is indeed read.
We could time how long it takes for the average person to read the FAQ and code time in the FAQ itself.
Trying to quickly skip past the FAQ before the average reading time-frame would throw a "Try again, read slower" error.
Leaving the FAQ open at this time for too long after the average reading time-frame (like going AFK to do something else) would throw a "Where did you go?" error. Same thing would happen if one were to change tabs.
Alternatively, if the user has a webcam, it will be accessed to make sure the user stays put and analyzing eye movement to make sure reading is being done and the user isn't just staring at their screen.

When a new user manages to read the FAQ without "cheating", there will be a few questions based on the FAQ they just read.
Get them right and the account is created and the user gets access to the forum. If any wrong answers are given, the process starts all over again.

I'm sure, after reading this, there will be a number of differed feelings toward me, so I'll try my best to answer to each of you.

"This is a great idea, and is exactly what the forum needs right now!"
I'm glad you think so.

"This is a nice idea, but it may piss a lot of people off"
I am aware of that, but I really think it will be for the best, at least give it a try.

"Its a nice idea, but I'm afraid we can't do that"
I understand

"This isn't a good idea"
What do you suppose we do instead then?

"You are a horrible person"
I'm sorry you feel that way, I didn't mean to offend

"MODS MODS, BAN THIS GUY"
It was just an idea, no need to be upset, I really don't think this is something to be banned about.

"TL;DR"
Scroll back up and read it, otherwise, I'm afraid you're part of the problem.

There is no written difference between the past, present and future tenses of the verb Read. You can be currently Reading, but I don't think that counts
I read a book the other day.
I read, its something I do.
I will read tomorrow too.
Ghosts are a common problem, and most players don't know the best way of dealing with them.

Jump attacks work wonders against the ghosts, even so much as bypassing their invincibility frames.
Learn to jump diagonally too, because it gives you full horizontal and vertical maneuverability.

Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Post by Miles » June 20th, 2017, 8:38 am

Untamed wrote:
Can we ban this guy and others like this? This is a prime example of users that really don't belong here, users that the rest of the community look down upon.
They inadvertently bait most of us in our community into letting out the worst qualities of ourselves in a fit of rage because we are sick and tired of seeing people who do this.
People who make an account just to make one post, asking when the update is going to be released, if Cream and Blaze will get updated, etc..
I'm sure there are going to be a few people here telling me that it isn't a fair thing to do, but I feel that it is justifiable. Here is why.

(SNIP)
I am a fan of your proposal and will look into ways to implement this once I get my finger out and update the forum to phpBB 3.2!

Thanks for your input.

Registration is open again and this thread will now be locked.