BOFH
BOFH
Favorite Character: Tails

[SITE] Revenue Streams and Patreon

Postby Miles » April 2nd, 2018, 10:45 pm

Hello All!

So, as you know, we don't run ads here on thezetateam.org
The reasons for this are 2 fold.

1) Advertisers that will work with NSFW sites are usually rather shady, and the ads they server are often malicious.
2) We don't want to ruin your experience with loads of banners, popups and other annoyances.

Also, because of the content of the game and some of the content on the site we can't directly set up a Patreon for Project X.

I, however, have a personal Pateon at https://www.patreon.com/mileskjeller which I recently set up to help with expenses incurred hosting and maintaining the various sites and services that I help manage. As well as provide a possible revenue stream in exchange for ongoing support with people.

Any support is appreciated, and there is a poll on there once you become a patron to indicate where you wish me to distribute the time and income from Patreon. (beyond household bills, etc)

I have also spoken to Zeta about a share of that going to The Zeta Team to continue to support game development, of course that would be me personally donating to the project out of my own pocket and nothing directly related to my Patreon page.

The last 4 and a half years here have been a blast, and I hope to continue to be able to support this large and dynamic community for many years to come.

At current count, if everyone on this site pledged $1/mo, we'd make $8,060/mo (before fees and taxes), certainly not a figure to sniff at.

Thank you all for your ongoing support!

<3
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon
xephion
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Cream

Re: [SITE] Revenue Streams and Patreon

Postby xephion » April 3rd, 2018, 4:36 am

Come on people 1 dollar a month shouldnt affect you in anyway if it helps the game or if only the forums is still worth it
Dead2112man
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber
Favorite Character: Tails

Postby Dead2112man » April 3rd, 2018, 12:49 pm

Considering how much you have to do to keep the site up and many people don't even think about it. It is such a shame that one day this site will be down if people arn't even willing to for go a dollar, what you going to use it for??? something off the dollar menu instead of cooking?
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester for "Dark Impulses" the creators of "Pokemorph" over on the LoK Forums
DrMostlySane
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Cream

Postby DrMostlySane » April 3rd, 2018, 8:17 pm

Dead2112man wrote:Considering how much you have to do to keep the site up and many people don't even think about it. It is such a shame that one day this site will be down if people arn't even willing to for go a dollar, what you going to use it for??? something off the dollar menu instead of cooking?

I mean I wouldn't mind giving them more financial support, but only if there was some more communication and such between us and the dev team.

I've supported them in the past and am under no illusions as to progress on updates and such being slow due to conflicting things in real life, nor do I want them to try and rush anything or put their other jobs / goals at jeopardy, but I still would like for them to have something more than the radio silence everyone but Miles has been doing for the past few months since 7.4's release before I start giving them more of my money.
FlashGrenade0
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Shadow

Postby FlashGrenade0 » April 4th, 2018, 5:57 pm

Fully in agreement with Sane here. I'd definitely consider supporting the Patreon, but I'm definitely gonna keep that dollar if I continue to hear nothing from anyone. At this point no one's expecting to hear about when the next version will be out. Including myself, a lot of people are waaaaay more interested in just receiving semi-occasional updates on pretty much anything here, game or otherwise. The radio silence is def taking a toll on everyone imo.
BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF FUCK-IT-ALL KITTY!! BOW BEFORE THE ALL-CONSUMING AMOUNT OF FUCKS IT DOESN'T POSSESS FOR MOST THINGS!!
zferolie
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Blaze

Postby zferolie » April 12th, 2018, 1:23 am

Personally, I just wished we got at least more news or heads up more often. I know its a very small team but would be nice to hear things is all. Been loving this game for many, MANY years, and want to see more, but I want to know what at least is being worked on... like I am hoping to seem more cream and blaze animations soon