The Forums have been refreshed! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=68&t=2333.
Project X 7.8 has been released! More information here: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2332

Island of the Monsters Planning, Characters and OOC

Out of Character RP Discussion, Planning, Launch Announcements and more!
Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Island of the Monsters Planning, Characters and OOC

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 3rd, 2015, 4:14 pm

All you wanted to do was spend a nice little vaccation on the small, Italian Island of Stavronisi, north of Sicily. You know, enjoy the food, the weather, the beach and maybe the Italian nightlife...
But suddenly, everything changed! During one night, the ancient Roman gods returned, a secret nuclear testing facility exploded, nanites from space were dropped on the island, the rapture began and Cthulhu rose from his slumber!
Well... at least those are the theories that might possibly explain what happened here. Nobody knows why 3/4 of the population suddenly turned into furries, monsters, demons, angels and the what not and began having really, really weird sex with each other. Even the human survivors have become increasingly horny and unhinged. So far that the Italian government had to barricade the island off and only sparingly sends supply drops. (Apparently some monsters are able to fly and keep tempting the pilots)
Luckily, you were in a rural hotel when the whole thing began and escaped the whole thing for a few days... until now!
The pantry is almost empty and there hasn't ever been a supply drop near it. You will have to leave and seek for stuff in the more densely populated areas.
Luckily, you were not alone in the hotel! There were others with you!
Will you stay human or will you turn into one of them?

Rules
Spoiler
Show
For rules, we will use the "Small Towns" RPG rules. Its a small, simple and efficient system that allows a lot of narrative, but allows simple solutions to conflict.
Whenever you perform an action that has a chance of failure, you roll two six-sided dice, or 2d6.
A roll of two (2) is a critical failure which will add further complications to the situation. For example if you played a character with glasses running from a monster and you rolled a two, you would not only fail to outrun the monster but you would also probably trip and break your glasses.
A roll of twelve (12) is a critical success which should give you and possibly your allies some breathing room. For example, if you were running away from that previously mentioned monster and you rolled a twelve, you would make it back to your car in time to grab your pepper-spray and prepare a shot at the beast.
Consult the following chart for rolls in between these extremes:
2: Critical Failure
3-6: Failure
7: Partial Success
8-11: Success
12: Critical Success

Focus and Specialties
Starting Characters have a number of dice they can invest into three different Focuses.
The Focuses are Fight, Think, and Run.
For every dice you invest into a Focus, you gain a Focus Dice. A Focus Dice is an additional d6 that you can add to your 2d6 roll. Once a dice is used during a gaming session, it is up to the GM to determine when it can be used again. Adult Characters begin play with 5 dice to invest into Focuses. Adult Characters can never invest more than 4 dice in any one Focus.
Specialties are things that you excel at. Every person has 2 of those. They can be as broad as "haggling" over "bat sports" to "first aid". If a roll is about a field that touches upon that specialty, you will get +2 to the roll.

Life and Injury
There are several different levels of injury a character takes before they die. All characters start off Healthy and slowly degrade until they eventually end up Gone, which can mean dead or zombified, or completely insane with no chance of recovery depending on what sends the character to that level.
Different weapons and attacks lower a character
Last edited by Yorick_the_jester on June 20th, 2015, 11:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Re: Island of the Monsters Planning, Characters and OOC

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 3rd, 2015, 4:15 pm

*Reserved for characters*

Reptilicus
Spoiler
Show
Name: Ming zang-lou
Focuses: Run 2, Think 2, Fight 1
Specialties: stealth, lock picking.
Traits: 5'5" 125lbs. short black hair with a single blue highlight in her bangs. has a thin fit build. brown eyes and slightly tanned skin. is cool under pressure but can be impulsive. she's very friendly and talkative with those she trusts and generally, she's pretty free with her thoughts and words, with can make her come off as kind of rude when really she's just very honest. as a reporter she'll stop at nothing to get to truth even if it means breaking into something to get it.
Gear: 2 changes of clothes a digital camera and lockpicks
Back Story: Ming was born into a family of chefs who moved from china to the US to start a new restaurant chain. Ming however, wasn't interested in continuing the family business she was fixated on her dream: to be a top-noch reporter on tv. despite opposition from her parents she eventually convinced them to let her chase her dream when she graduated from highschool. she now spends her time trying to get a big scoop so she can hit it big and land a spot as a tv reporter. in her search for big news she came to Sicily were her contacts told her that a smuggling ring was bribing the local police force to stay under the radar.
Randomtiger
Spoiler
Show
Name: Wyatt Stone
Focuses: Run 2, Think 2, Fight 1
Specialties: Archery, Minor wound care
Traits: Average height, A few extra pounds over average weight, Caucasian, Brown hair, Brown eyes, caring, weird, gay, virgin.
Gear: 4 changes of street clothing, flashlight, Sports Bow, 10 Arrows, Swiss army Knife, fire starter, med kit-

Back Story: Wyatt had decided to go on a vacation at the worst time in the world, he just wanted a break from his normal mundane life, of work and no play. He had a pretty basic life, nothing too much to him, he was kind of weird due to the things he was into. Especially he was called weird because he was gay. Once he had gotten to Italy, he had stayed in the motel most of the time, going out mostly just to check out the men walking around the small rural area. When everything broke out, he decided to hide in his motel living off of the little food that was there.

Troy168
Spoiler
Show
Name: Troy
Focuses: Fight: 1 Think: 2 Run: 2
Specialties: Sneaking and Studying
Traits: Cool and relaxed, Height: 6'1, White skin, Brown eyes, Red hair
Gear: Street clothing, flashlight, crowbar, matches and backpack.

Backstory: He wanted to take a vacation, so he studied a bunch of Italian books and he headed to one of the motels before any incident had happened.
SeductiveTrashcan
Spoiler
Show
Name: Elric Moon
Focuses: 1 into fight, 4 into think, 0 into Run
Specialties: Medicine, crafting (Weapons)
Traits: Twitch (Hand randomly spasms every now and then), Tall (Stands at six foot three), Calloused (Thick-skinned hands), doctor (Was previously a doctor), Albino (pale white skin and hair) Red eyes, well-built, bi-sexual
Gear: Gear: Changes of street clothes, Flashlight, Spear, doctor's bag

Backstory: Elric graduated from a well-renown medical school, at the top of his class, graduating at a very, Very Early age for most doctors. He became a surgeon and bone-care doctor, though he has experience with other injuries as well. He came to the island before everything went down to get away from all of the job offers for a week, and have time to himself.
TnubE
Spoiler
Show
Name: Adrienne Kuyoka
Focuses: Run 0, Think 2, Fight 3
Specialties: melee combat and parkour.
Traits: 5'6", 110 lbs. brown hair ponytail, brown/red eyes virgin silly and short tempered.
Gear: 3 changes of street clothing, flashlights, Shirogami knife.

Back Story: Born in a family that has ties with the Yakuza, Adrienne was at the age of 12 when her parents were killed by the Japanese mafia. She fought back while remaining anonymous to them for 6 years until they discovered her identity, forcing her to move out of Japan to stay alive. Escaping to Italy was her best bet because she didn't think those that killed her parents would follow her there.

BinaryHedgehog
Spoiler
Show
Name: Ty
Focuses: Think 1, Run 2
Specialties: Improvised crafting, scavenging
Traits: Short, Blonde, Caucasiaun, child, rash, smart, inexperienced, picks his fights, developing mind
Gear: 5 changes of clothes (red shirt, blue long pants, white sneakers, briefs),flashlight, hunter's knife, rope, backpack, guide book.
Backstory: Ty was a boy who was going a survival camping trip with his father and some others when he got distracted and separated from the group. He could not reunite with the group and was left to face the wild on his own.
Hirogarden
Spoiler
Show
Name: Daniel
Focus: Think 3, Run 2.
Specialties: Finding edible plants, scavenging
Trait's: Scrawny short little bookworm, nerd, gets overlooked most of the time. A small white male and usually quiet.
Gear: hiking backpack from being out in the woods for like a month before coming back to the hotel, 3 changes of clothing, his handy dandy led flashlight with built in solar charger and his tablet he keeping notes on and reading, a walking stick which he picked up while hiking in the woods and a life straw (item like a straw that has a carbon filter) so he won't have to carry water bottles, and his glasses he uses for reading that he modified with varying magnifying glasses.

Backstory:
Daniel had just graduated with a college degree in plant research. He's a trust fund baby and went to the island about a month ago to try to find unknown plants. Before setting out on his hunt he had stopped in to the hotel to check in before heading out to the wilds. He then stayed out in the wilds for a month studying plants animals and such in hopes of finding stuff with potential for medicine or new food. He was able to identify lots of different specimen in the area that he could eat. What had finally sent him back was an encounter with a wild feline, he was able to scare it off. After the encounter, he decided to head back to the hotel, not even realizing what was really going on all around him.
Smashthehedgie
Spoiler
Show
Name: Samuel
Sexuality: Straight
Focuses: Fight - 2 Think - 2 Run - 1
Specialties: building utility items and street brawling.
Traits: Average height, normal build.Normal brown messy hair, green eyes, normal skin with green hoodie and camo shorts, black shoes. 6'2 tall, gamer but also a fighter sometimes, with bravery and a will to not give up. Sometimes.
Five: 4 changes of street clothings, flashlight, kitchen knife and map of the island.

Backstory: He came to the island to simply relax and enjoy, get a tan and even help other people out. Going through a forest may have gotten him lost, though. But before he came to the island, he is currently working as a builder, though a newbie and still in collage. His main liking's is mainly relaxing, exploring, sweet food, rock music and summer.. Although his dislikes are being annoyed, being boss around and having to do nothing.
Charles_Roberts
Spoiler
Show
Name: Charles
Focuses: Run 1 Think 2, Fight 2
Specialties: Close Combat and Sealth
Traits: Black Hair, Brown Skin, Brown eyes, nice, funny sometimes, Bi and Virgin.
Gear: Cold Steel Escrima Stick, 5 pare of shirts, Pants, underware, socks and gloves. Flashlight

Backstory: Charles learn self defense form a self defense class since he and also is a freelancer camera man, go into any area of the world and take pictures of Events happening like Wars and Desasters in general. He have a Camara with him as he take pictures and give it to any News Stations or News Papers for some money. Also he got a Cold Steel Escrima Stick form his Birthday and plan to use that for self defense just incase if anyone try to attack him. Then he heard this Island since he wants some pictures of the refugee crisis. Other things got in the way.
CoxTH
Spoiler
Show
Name: Chris
Focuses: Think 3, Run 2
Specialities: Medicine, small-scale handywork
Traits: 6'3" tall, short fair hair, blue eyes, wears glasses, average build. Wears blue jeans and a red and blue checkered shirt when not in his work clothes. A bookworm and a bit shy, but very caring and loyal to friends. Works hard for his goal to become a surgeon.
Gear: Street clothing, flashlight, a scalpel which he tied to a stick, a bottle of painkillers, bandages, a candy bar.

Backstory: Chris was studying to become a surgeon on the main land. He accompanied his mentoring doctor to an emergency on the island, but once he arrived all hell started to break loose. He was later separated from his mentor.
Chris' remained with a herd of happy bunnies in the field. He is now married to a pair of them and works as their personal doctor and mouthpiece to the outside world.
Taff
Spoiler
Show
Name: Evan Foulke
Focuses: Run 1, Think 2, Fight 2
Specialties: Negotiation, Navigation

Traits: Foulke stands around 6'1 and has a meaty, stocky build, partly due to the fact that he is an avid fan of rugby, and plays the sport regularly. He is Caucasian, with a slight tan from the climate of Stavronisi. He has a head of short, slightly styled light brown hair. With his eyes also being a dark brown. He also has a full brown beard in terms of facial hair, as he has stopped shaving ever since the event. Foulke is generally a cuddly and overly-apologetic fellow despite his large stature, picking up the nickname of 'Teddy Bear' from friends and family over the years.

Gear: A grey, vintage Trophy 500 Motorcycle t-shirt, underneath a thin brown leather jacket.
A pair of belted, dark Navy jeans. A scavenged Black MOLLE backpack. A Fire Axe, One Bottle of Jack Daniels and a small bottle of water.

Back Story: Foulke had joined the British Royal Air Force at the age of 20, deciding to do away with university to enlist. Before this he had a relatively smooth working class upbringing in the South of Wales, where he and his family lived. Because of this he was both mentally and physically conditioned during his short, yet intense time in the military. First becoming a weapons technician in training, before going onto receive light glider and helicopter flight training. Technically Foulke is still an active member of the British Military, but he was currently off duty on Leave. The event in Stavronisi had caught him off guard. What was meant to be a temporary period of leave to some little cozy island near Sicily has now become what seems to be the end of the world, at least to him.
Last edited by Yorick_the_jester on November 27th, 2016, 5:16 pm, edited 11 times in total.

RandomTiger
Tikal
Tikal
Favorite Character: Tails

Post by RandomTiger » June 3rd, 2015, 6:23 pm

OH MY GOD x3 I am joining the crap outta this! .. Also if this comment is gonna cause problems with reserving and the likes let me know =3
I've been running low, I've been taking my time. I feel like I'm out of my mind. I feel like my life ain't mine.

TnubE
Mouth
Mouth
Favorite Character: Dr.Eggman

Post by TnubE » June 3rd, 2015, 8:53 pm

Is this one of those RPs that if you die, it's game over? You can't make another character or your character can't be saved?
"Nobody gives me instructions! I shall destroy everything!

troy168
Tentacle Trap
Tentacle Trap
Favorite Character: Rouge

Post by troy168 » June 3rd, 2015, 9:09 pm

Question...who will determine the dice roll?
Spoiler
Show

Kai_Shadoon
Vine
Vine
Favorite Character: Zeta

Post by Kai_Shadoon » June 3rd, 2015, 9:52 pm

This sounds quite interesting, the mechanics seem pretty fun, so, how long do we have to make a character for this?

Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 4th, 2015, 3:40 am

TnubE wrote:Is this one of those RPs that if you die, it's game over? You can't make another character or your character can't be saved?
As I wrote: Unless you actively try to kill off your character, you are not going to die. Its more of a fun run-or-rape game, so other stuff will happen to character who get careless.
troy168 wrote:Question...who will determine the dice roll?
The Gamemaster. Which is me. Or rather a random dice roller online.
Kai_Shadoon wrote:This sounds quite interesting, the mechanics seem pretty fun, so, how long do we have to make a character for this?
At least a week. And if there are late stragglers, I will give them a chance to join even after the game began.

RandomTiger
Tikal
Tikal

Post by RandomTiger » June 4th, 2015, 9:05 am

So is it a critical failure when you receive a mutation from being raped?
I've been running low, I've been taking my time. I feel like I'm out of my mind. I feel like my life ain't mine.

Yorick_the_jester
Bokkun
Bokkun

Post by Yorick_the_jester » June 4th, 2015, 10:37 am

RandomTiger wrote:So is it a critical failure when you receive a mutation from being raped?
Only if you don't like the mutation. ERM! I mean of course! Losing humanity is horrible, right?
In all seriousness, being raped would be the result of a critical failure during a violent encounter or a surprise attack. Though I would roll a die about the nature of the mutation. A critical failure would lead to something that would hinder you (like chicken claws on your feed, which make walking harder and won't fit into shoes), while a normal failure would be purely cosmetic, a partial or whole success would make the mutation attracktive and a crit would give you a "gift" mutation (like retractable claws, a cute looking pig snout that can smell extremely well or dog's ears that can hear ultrasound).
But in the end, its all up to me :trollface:

RandomTiger
Tikal
Tikal

Post by RandomTiger » June 4th, 2015, 7:55 pm

Yorick_the_jester wrote:
RandomTiger wrote:So is it a critical failure when you receive a mutation from being raped?
Only if you don't like the mutation. ERM! I mean of course! Losing humanity is horrible, right?
In all seriousness, being raped would be the result of a critical failure during a violent encounter or a surprise attack. Though I would roll a die about the nature of the mutation. A critical failure would lead to something that would hinder you (like chicken claws on your feed, which make walking harder and won't fit into shoes), while a normal failure would be purely cosmetic, a partial or whole success would make the mutation attracktive and a crit would give you a "gift" mutation (like retractable claws, a cute looking pig snout that can smell extremely well or dog's ears that can hear ultrasound).
But in the end, its all up to me :trollface:
Well, If the rape happens i will hope to got I get crits and not crit failures so I dun end up a worthless dud face lol

Oh man anything but it being all up to you, we will all be doomed won't we?!