The Future of Project X

General Discussion, News and Updates about The Game
Lyric
Worm
Worm
Favorite Character: Shadow
Re: The Future of Project X

Postby Lyric » June 4th, 2018, 2:42 am

Have to agree with Adamanttg on this one. The way Zeta's acting....I think that she doesn't want to continue. However, I think this was likely something a long time coming.
The updates began to come out later and later, less and less. You could tell that something was up. Now, it feels like she almost hates the very topic of Project X and would rather play around on Second Life.
I'm not condemning her, far from it. I just think that...she needs to be honest with not just us but also herself. I think she's been wanting a reason to quit this project for a long time now, and if that's the case then....well, sad as it is, that's ok.
It's supposed to be something fun, that's how this all started. It doesn't appear like she's having fun with this anymore.

Whatever you decide, the true fans will stick by you regardless, Zeta. Just do what makes YOU happy. If that's calling this quits, then that's totally fine.
Shura Kirigakure
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Cream

Postby Shura Kirigakure » June 4th, 2018, 6:30 am

All I can say is take your time and keep up the good work. Don't let anyone bring you down or be discouraged. It may not be exactly the same way but we all go through the annoyance of people in our everyday lives in our own ways we get it. You all could honestly use a well long rest :) :P :D
Image Image
*IcetheHedgehog* :( (Forever Alone and Heartbroken Always) :( :cry:
Shura Kirigakure
MotoBug
MotoBug

Postby Shura Kirigakure » June 4th, 2018, 7:29 am

WestX wrote:Man. Now my depression is flaring up again. I feel terrible that people were actually harrassing them to the point that they had to do this. I always just checked in every once in a while but now I'm worried I might come back like 5 years from now with everything gone. I really like this game. Take the time off that you need. I know there probably wasn't much I personally could have done but I wish I could have done something to stop people from flinging hate. I've been here for several years and hopefully I'm in it for the long run.

I completely feel you on that man. :cry:
Image Image
JediMage
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber
Favorite Character: Rouge

Postby JediMage » June 4th, 2018, 10:44 am

SIgh... I mean, i am a guy, and a Russian to boot, so it is hard for me to understand that. But most of the project X staff are girls (or at least are presumed to be girls, on the internet nobody knows you're an apache attack helicopter) so i can sorta understand the mental troubles. Still i thought there were a few of supportive members enough to help them cope, but alas it seems i thought wrong (although since people are still keen on throwing money around it seems i was not totally wrong, but money can't solve everything). Well, i am sad, but it is understandable, the more community grows, the more rotten people will get inside. People probably do not understand that the bigger you make the game, the more backtracking you have to do. But i hope that you will settle things out even without realeasing stuff (although i do not understand that part, were "are we there yet" people the most annoying ones? if so shame on them! But if you are still doing the stuff, why not release it on unregular basis?), if i feel stressed out i usually eat it away, but for the girls with all their dieting and stuff that probably will not be helpful -_-
Well, the only thing i can do is something like this

The time with each other
(Distance not a bother)
Will always be a part of us

All those new releases
Or just some new teasers
Gave us some things to discuss

And every partway
Is just a new doorway
For new page of your life

But this past experience
Will make all the difference
In possible future strife

So do not feel down
And clear that frown
For we still may sometime meet

And then Zeta maybe
Albeit a bit lately
Give us something to beat our meat

I am still sad though (
Spoiler: show
the dingster
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Blaze

Postby the dingster » June 4th, 2018, 11:21 am

Adamanttg wrote:Mmm, I gotta be honest, after reading the post, her feelings seem pretty definite. She was pretty clear about wanting to wash her hands of all this, so treating this like a hiatus is kind of...delusional. I've been a part of and seen many projects like this before, and chances are this is the end. People are usually only too happy to jump ship after events like these. I would have preferred for this to have gone out with a bang, rather than the ocean of denial that is in this thread, but the project did well to survive until now. There was a lot of quality work put into the game and it made it further that most others, but the game ends with this.

We had good times and it's time to move on.

not so sure about this. miles does know zeta since they're on the same development team and all, and he claims that PX is merely being put on hiatus and is not canceled, meaning after the next update we may have to wait a bit longer.
Delta JZ-10
Delta JZ-10
Delta JZ-10

Postby Delta JZ-10 » June 4th, 2018, 9:02 pm

If you knock me down, I will become more powerful than you can imagine.
the dingster
MotoBug
MotoBug

Postby the dingster » June 4th, 2018, 9:27 pm

the dingster wrote:
Adamanttg wrote:Mmm, I gotta be honest, after reading the post, her feelings seem pretty definite. She was pretty clear about wanting to wash her hands of all this, so treating this like a hiatus is kind of...delusional. I've been a part of and seen many projects like this before, and chances are this is the end. People are usually only too happy to jump ship after events like these. I would have preferred for this to have gone out with a bang, rather than the ocean of denial that is in this thread, but the project did well to survive until now. There was a lot of quality work put into the game and it made it further that most others, but the game ends with this.

We had good times and it's time to move on.

not so sure about this. miles does know zeta since they're on the same development team and all, and he claims that PX is merely being put on hiatus and is not canceled, meaning after the next update we may have to wait a bit longer.

accidentally mistook Melissa for miles, but my point still stands.
Shura Kirigakure
MotoBug
MotoBug

Postby Shura Kirigakure » June 4th, 2018, 11:48 pm

JediMage wrote:SIgh... I mean, i am a guy, and a Russian to boot, so it is hard for me to understand that. But most of the project X staff are girls (or at least are presumed to be girls, on the internet nobody knows you're an apache attack helicopter) so i can sorta understand the mental troubles. Still i thought there were a few of supportive members enough to help them cope, but alas it seems i thought wrong (although since people are still keen on throwing money around it seems i was not totally wrong, but money can't solve everything). Well, i am sad, but it is understandable, the more community grows, the more rotten people will get inside. People probably do not understand that the bigger you make the game, the more backtracking you have to do. But i hope that you will settle things out even without realeasing stuff (although i do not understand that part, were "are we there yet" people the most annoying ones? if so shame on them! But if you are still doing the stuff, why not release it on unregular basis?), if i feel stressed out i usually eat it away, but for the girls with all their dieting and stuff that probably will not be helpful -_-
Well, the only thing i can do is something like this

The time with each other
(Distance not a bother)
Will always be a part of us

All those new releases
Or just some new teasers
Gave us some things to discuss

And every partway
Is just a new doorway
For new page of your life

But this past experience
Will make all the difference
In possible future strife

So do not feel down
And clear that frown
For we still may sometime meet

And then Zeta maybe
Albeit a bit lately
Give us something to beat our meat

I am still sad though (

That was a beautiful poem it had me in tears. Specially that last line x3 8-)
Image Image
Toni-Technaclaw
Spider
Spider
Favorite Character: Sally

Postby Toni-Technaclaw » June 5th, 2018, 1:08 am