A Rookie's Pixel Art

Post artwork you've drawn here, critique and discussion more than welcome.
(All Media Welcome)
Forum rules
Constructive Criticism Welcomed
Only post artwork that you own (Don't take credit for others work)
Embedded, Attached or Externally Linked Art OK!
All forms of media accepted (Drawn art, Music, Video, Games, etc)
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber
Favorite Character: Blaze

A Rookie's Pixel Art

Postby slasher333 » April 26th, 2018, 4:34 pm

Recently I took up making pixel art and small animations and I thought I'd share them here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Re: A Rookie's Pixel Art

Postby slasher333 » April 26th, 2018, 4:52 pm

Three versions of Sonic and Cream having some fun.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Postby slasher333 » April 26th, 2018, 4:58 pm

Three versions of my main FC with Amy.
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Postby slasher333 » April 26th, 2018, 5:03 pm

A couple little clips of Sonic having some fun during some alone time. These were two of my very first pieces
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Postby slasher333 » April 26th, 2018, 5:05 pm

And finally, my main FC in the same situation. My very first pieces. I didn't think to add any sort of background.
Delta JZ-10
Delta JZ-10
Delta JZ-10

Postby Delta JZ-10 » April 26th, 2018, 5:49 pm

It looks interesting, you did a good job, I recommend that you have pink background when you do the sprites and animations, it's very funny when Shadow and Rouge go to Green Hill Zone, but try to change the speed of the animations, make it a little fast, and that the zoom be normal.
If you knock me down, I will become more powerful than you can imagine.
Spoiler: show
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Postby slasher333 » April 27th, 2018, 3:17 am

Thanks for the input, by let the zoom be normal, do you mean don't make a large version?

Honestly, the large version is just me taking a screenshot of each frame, cropping out what's not needed in MS Paint, then using the remainders in EZGif. That's why the large versions are a little shaky. The program I use only lets me use about 24 colors for a gif, so I normally try to make them pretty small, usually around 50x50 if I don't add an x-ray. Hell, if it hadn't been for that limitation I would've also added Tails in the Chaos Control bit.

As for the speed, assuming you're referring to the Chaos Control one, I felt that if I had it going any faster you wouldn't be able to see just what Rouge was doing when she covered herself.
Delta JZ-10
Delta JZ-10
Delta JZ-10

Postby Delta JZ-10 » April 27th, 2018, 9:12 pm

slasher333 wrote:Thanks for the input, by let the zoom be normal, do you mean don't make a large version?

Honestly, the large version is just me taking a screenshot of each frame, cropping out what's not needed in MS Paint, then using the remainders in EZGif. That's why the large versions are a little shaky. The program I use only lets me use about 24 colors for a gif, so I normally try to make them pretty small, usually around 50x50 if I don't add an x-ray. Hell, if it hadn't been for that limitation I would've also added Tails in the Chaos Control bit.

As for the speed, assuming you're referring to the Chaos Control one, I felt that if I had it going any faster you wouldn't be able to see just what Rouge was doing when she covered herself.

It would be better if you use Paint, and it would be very interesting if you made an animation, like the PX animations. :zu:
If you knock me down, I will become more powerful than you can imagine.
Spoiler: show
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Postby slasher333 » April 28th, 2018, 3:42 am

Delta JZ-10 wrote:
slasher333 wrote:Thanks for the input, by let the zoom be normal, do you mean don't make a large version?

It would be better if you use Paint, and it would be very interesting if you made an animation, like the PX animations. :zu:

I prefer what I'm currently using for several reasons, some of which being that I can see a preview of the animation in the corner as I'm working, I can make layers and move each of them around freely, and I can select a very specific area instead of just a plain box.

As for making a PX style animation, I'm not sure I'm skilled/experienced enough to try something like that. Although... I might, probably not, but I might try it if I had some of their sprites to use as a base. More than likely not gonna happen though because I doubt I would get any of their sprites.
Last edited by slasher333 on May 7th, 2018, 5:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slasher333
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber

Postby slasher333 » April 30th, 2018, 1:39 am

Two little things about this one. First, the reason Shadow's on that platform is because roughly halfway through I noticed that Cream's ears were hanging down below his feet. And second, that little jerk with each thrust is intentional because he's supposed to be rougher with her than Sonic was. Also, I have no clue what to call that position.