The Future of Project X

General Discussion, News and Updates about The Game
Melissa
Administrative Testing User
Favorite Character: Zeta

The Future of Project X

Postby Melissa » May 22nd, 2018, 1:23 am

Hello All!

When Project X was started nearly 10 years ago, it was a simple fan project just to see what could be done. From there it’s grown so much and become so much bigger than we ever imagined with a fanbase many thousands strong. It has become rather overwhelming for the team, particularly because of some members of the community.
Abuse is not acceptable in any walk of life, and we are not just talking nasty comments on forums. Over the years we have had issues with people stealing code and assets, false DMCA takedowns, and targeted abuse of developers, staff and community members.

Project X is free, it always has been, and always will be. It is simply a passion project that became so much more. We love our community and thank you for your continued and ongoing support.
However, some team-members, most notably Zeta, have started to feel the strain of the continued abuses online and need a break.
We would like to stress that Project X is not being cancelled, merely put on a release hiatus.

Work on Project X will come to a halt after the next update. The community and discord will remain active. Any updates that do occur will be posted on the forum, however will not be compiled into a release.

Zeta would like to stress that she is no longer accepting direct donations for the development of Project X via PayPal.
Miles is still accepting donations for the continued upkeep of the website, forum, and various background servers through PayPal and Patreon.

There are those of you that are going to pick this and Zeta’s post apart, the ones that are going to call us liars, sling hate, question the very project, suggest that we never intended to finish this project in the first place. This is all on you.

Any abuse attached to this thread, targeted at staff members, or at the project as a whole will be met with a site-wide permanent ban. We are sick of dealing with you, and now it stops.

The Zeta Team

If you have any concerns or questions about the future of the project, forum, site or discord chat, please post them in here.
Additional threads about this topic will be deleted without warning.

Discord: http://chat.thezetateam.org/
Zeta's Personal Statement on InkBunny: https://inkbunny.net/j/318222-ZetaR02-p ... lease-read
Zeta's Personal Statement on FurAffinity: https://www.furaffinity.net/journal/8741345/
Last edited by Miles on May 22nd, 2018, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
>_ Your modem doesn't speak English.
>_ Project X Forum Testing
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to Site Management : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support us on Patreon
WhiteWhiskey
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Tails

Re: The Future of Project X

Postby WhiteWhiskey » May 22nd, 2018, 1:43 am

Well, it's not a cancelation at least. Zeta needs rest, a hiatus and it's fine. If she wants come back, we're here
Miles
BOFH
BOFH

Postby Miles » May 22nd, 2018, 1:45 am

When I joined the team 4 years ago, I had no idea that I'd have stuck around as long as I have.
There have been many ups and downs over the years with the community, from attacks on the site and the wiki, the founding of the IRC chat, the migration to Discord, and the flourishing community that has built up there.
It's not been easy, but I appreciate all the help and support I have had from this community over the years, I would not be where I am without you or the team.

Thank you all,
I'm not going anywhere any time soon!
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon
WhiteWhiskey
Grounder
Grounder

Postby WhiteWhiskey » May 22nd, 2018, 1:53 am

and just to add, honestly, even if donations were a thing, this is a side project over everything else and not meant to be something dominating the creator's life. A hiatus is acceptable and expected. I'll admit to only being here and really aware of the game since the last update, but such a game having long spiels between updates is expected under such conditions and a hiatus make sense for devs who have lives and jobs outside it.

I am thankful to the devs for what we have gotten so far, and while I hope for more I understand you have lives and responsibilities away from it all
xephion
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Cream

Postby xephion » May 22nd, 2018, 2:01 am

This is to the animators i dont know who you are but Zeta is right we owe you an apology and i owe you one too i havent played the latest update sicne im waiting for my favorite character to appear on it, but thats no excuse for us the fans to not appreciate your work. i know trolls and bad people are louder and thats our fault too we should try to be louder and i hope that anyone who read this come and say thank you for the work not only to zeta but to all the animators.

I LOVE ALL THE WORK THATS HAS BEEN PUT INTO THE GAME, i havent played the latest update but i will in the next update. BUT STILL THANK YOU ALL OF YOU FOR YOUR WORK i appreciate all the work and i may be quiet for long periods of time but this will never change WHAT YOU ALL HAVE DONE IS AN INSPIRATION, ALL THE EFFORT YOU HAVE PUT IS AMAZING AND THE AMOUNT OF TIME YOU HAVE SPENT WORKING ON THIS GAME FOR THIS COMMUNITY WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN

i wish you all the best and i hope to see you all back one day. because for me this game is more than just that to me is the biggest inspiration ever thanks to you all i always see that no matter how dark things get you can always fight back and thanks for that
joker_doom_ace
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Rouge

Postby joker_doom_ace » May 22nd, 2018, 2:44 am

Well was not expecting this as an update, but had a feeling something like this would eventually happen. I am happy you plan to do one more update before the hiatus (if I read that right) and hope you all come back soon and continue the project.

I have been a fan of this project since the 5.8 release and loved every update. I remember thinking this was just another x rated sonic game but playing this you see this is really well done and you feel the love and work that went into this.

So with that I want to thank everyone who worked on both the game and keeping this site running, you have done an amazing job and hope you come back soon.
Alkaiser90
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Zeta

Postby Alkaiser90 » May 22nd, 2018, 3:29 am

Thanks so much for all that you've done! My wife and I love this game, and appreciate the work you all have put into it, and you all deserve a break :)
Kenshi_Wolf
Grounder
Grounder

Postby Kenshi_Wolf » May 22nd, 2018, 3:34 am

I think it's been proven if we'll wait a decade for this thing to reach completion we can wait a decade more. the game is fun to replay and try to beat with the various characters. I'm glad to see that at least the next update is still going to be released given this will at least give cream and blaze a finish up and the new gallery.

It sucks that this happens but some times you just need to put your foot down and start throwing the ban hammer like Thor throws mjorlnir. This kind of stuff happens, as much as it sucks and shouldn't.

I'm honestly surprised it took this long for it to reach a point it affected the staff enough to really do something about it.

Still i hope everyone is doing well and i hope you guys come back strong when you are recovered from all this. Take your time, we'll wait.
aqus0
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Rouge

Postby aqus0 » May 22nd, 2018, 3:58 am

I'll admit it is a tad disappointing to find something like this as it reaches a hiatus point, but simultaneously I'm content to know that the creators are taking care of themselves over releasing a product that literally is killing them. Good on y'all. Shame some people may or may not have been abusing this free gift and labor of glorious perversion.

I've waited years for less of a payoff before...this is nothing...and will be worth all the time it takes.
FlashGrenade0
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Shadow

Postby FlashGrenade0 » May 22nd, 2018, 4:49 am

All I'm gonna say is: It feels damn good not to be part of the problem! I've never complained about release times, definitely won't be doing so in this lifetime of mine and don't mind the incoming hiatus even a little. Even if I don't pay attention to the site as a result, news about you guys always end up circulating whenever something comes about regardless, so ya do whatcha gotta do boys. :)
BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF FUCK-IT-ALL KITTY!! BOW BEFORE THE ALL-CONSUMING AMOUNT OF FUCKS IT DOESN'T POSSESS FOR MOST THINGS!!