Project X: Release Thread

General Discussion, News and Updates about The Game
User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 421
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Miles » July 31st, 2019, 3:25 pm

We're sorry we've neglected the forums a bit.
A big update is coming to how we do things here and hopefully that will make things clearer and improve interaction here as well.
Most of the progress updates and chat have been happening over on our discord server, including a public Q&A with Zeta a few days ago.

We've not forgotten about you!
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

Turtle253
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 3
Joined: August 1st, 2019, 4:05 pm
Favorite Character: Zu
Gender:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Turtle253 » August 3rd, 2019, 1:12 pm

So it's been a long time since I last played PX so I thought I'd come back to check up on it. I remember back in the day I didn't have the problems I am having with the download that I have now... The main problem being Adfly and how honestly dangerous and cancerous using that as a means to share your product is. Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. These files as you may have guessed force lock your computer and you get where this is going. Now I for one haven't had the displeasure of losing everything due to that considering I am very well protected and those downloads are blocked faster than they can pop up. However some others aren't that fortunate. So with that being said I know a few people who fell victim to this while things are fixed now they are scared shitless of anything under adfly and most importantly their view on products released by team zeta that still currently use adlfly. The other thing which is still just as bad but not nearly as dangerous is your own file through adfly carries bugs and unwanted crud from the site. The Hash files and virus checks seem to point out that there's nothing wrong with it but that apparently isn't the case.

If it's money or anything that you need I am pretty sure Patreon is a good fit. Another site to replace adfly could be mega. I really don't understand the upside to using such a shady website still when their are safer and easier options. I would really like to understand the reasoning behind the use of adfly. :nogood:

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 421
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Miles » August 4th, 2019, 12:08 am

We host the files here on thezetateam.org adfly just "protects" those links.
I have asked zeta repeatedly about ditching it, but we've not come to an agreement on that one yet.

Regarding patreon, we do have one, it's mine and I use it for funding projects that I "host". This one included.
We can't directly support the project using Patreon because of its content.

When we do the big site and service overhaul for the next release I'll see if I can figure something out.
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

Ravio
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 2
Joined: June 3rd, 2019, 7:34 pm
Favorite Character: Zeta

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Ravio » August 4th, 2019, 11:44 am

Turtle253 wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 1:12 pm
So it's been a long time since I last played PX so I thought I'd come back to check up on it. I remember back in the day I didn't have the problems I am having with the download that I have now... The main problem being Adfly and how honestly dangerous and cancerous using that as a means to share your product is. Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. These files as you may have guessed force lock your computer and you get where this is going. Now I for one haven't had the displeasure of losing everything due to that considering I am very well protected and those downloads are blocked faster than they can pop up. However some others aren't that fortunate. So with that being said I know a few people who fell victim to this while things are fixed now they are scared shitless of anything under adfly and most importantly their view on products released by team zeta that still currently use adlfly. The other thing which is still just as bad but not nearly as dangerous is your own file through adfly carries bugs and unwanted crud from the site. The Hash files and virus checks seem to point out that there's nothing wrong with it but that apparently isn't the case.

If it's money or anything that you need I am pretty sure Patreon is a good fit. Another site to replace adfly could be mega. I really don't understand the upside to using such a shady website still when their are safer and easier options. I would really like to understand the reasoning behind the use of adfly. :nogood:
Bruh, wtf is our problem, there are no virus in the link, just skip it and if it opens a popup page close it and reload the damn thing adfly is way better of these fake sites in any case where you can download for ""free"" if you get a """""free""""" 3 months trial, you don't feel like doing it? Just don't play the game....

Turtle253
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 3
Joined: August 1st, 2019, 4:05 pm
Favorite Character: Zu
Gender:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Turtle253 » August 9th, 2019, 7:21 am

Ravio wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 11:44 am
Turtle253 wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 1:12 pm
So it's been a long time since I last played PX so I thought I'd come back to check up on it. I remember back in the day I didn't have the problems I am having with the download that I have now... The main problem being Adfly and how honestly dangerous and cancerous using that as a means to share your product is. Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. These files as you may have guessed force lock your computer and you get where this is going. Now I for one haven't had the displeasure of losing everything due to that considering I am very well protected and those downloads are blocked faster than they can pop up. However some others aren't that fortunate. So with that being said I know a few people who fell victim to this while things are fixed now they are scared shitless of anything under adfly and most importantly their view on products released by team zeta that still currently use adlfly. The other thing which is still just as bad but not nearly as dangerous is your own file through adfly carries bugs and unwanted crud from the site. The Hash files and virus checks seem to point out that there's nothing wrong with it but that apparently isn't the case.

If it's money or anything that you need I am pretty sure Patreon is a good fit. Another site to replace adfly could be mega. I really don't understand the upside to using such a shady website still when their are safer and easier options. I would really like to understand the reasoning behind the use of adfly. :nogood:
Bruh, wtf is our problem, there are no virus in the link, just skip it and if it opens a popup page close it and reload the damn thing adfly is way better of these fake sites in any case where you can download for ""free"" if you get a """""free""""" 3 months trial, you don't feel like doing it? Just don't play the game....
Yet they are literally going to ditch using Adfly... Adfly is an awful website and it is actually filled to the brim with viral content. If you 'd read my fucking comment you'd see that I SAID

"Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. "

Now that I specifically framed the comment that you just so happen to skip over you can fucking see it before deciding not to read on... Miles already replied to my comment and it's reassurance enough that they are planning on dropping Adfly. More than a handful of people agree that Adfly sucks. And there are COUNTLESS videos that prove adfly is coated in viruses. There are PROFESSIONALS that have to fix some of the shit that going to Adfly causes. I literally also explained that pop ups that happen AFTER CLICKING SKIP AD are the most dangerous side to that site. Considering one specific popup takes your COMPUTER HOSTAGE!!! Granted you can fix that issue it's really really tedious and can result in lost files important and non important. Regardless that site is a fucking issue. and the fact that people are cool with it blows my mind. Like... Just think of this real quick. We use a website that CLEARLY has malware filled ads on it to the point that it shows you FALSE download buttons... But it's ok cause the skip ad button takes you to the download. That's like me saying I have a chef who just made you the BEST food ever but you kinda gotta go through a crack house somewhere in Chicago to get to it. It's ok as long as you don't make eye contact or interact with any of the crackheads there... That's literally your argument and others who for some reason cant STAND other people wanting a cleaner and safer route to the game. A site that has ANY of those problems is not a good website. A site that has false download buttons is not a good website. Easy to avoid or not Adfly is a filthy website and shouldn't be promoted at all... Stop defending it. It's garbage... That simple...

User avatar
Randomphoenix1
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 2
Joined: July 2nd, 2019, 2:10 pm
Favorite Character: Blaze

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Randomphoenix1 » August 11th, 2019, 6:12 pm

Turtle253 wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 7:21 am
Ravio wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 11:44 am
Turtle253 wrote:
August 3rd, 2019, 1:12 pm
So it's been a long time since I last played PX so I thought I'd come back to check up on it. I remember back in the day I didn't have the problems I am having with the download that I have now... The main problem being Adfly and how honestly dangerous and cancerous using that as a means to share your product is. Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. These files as you may have guessed force lock your computer and you get where this is going. Now I for one haven't had the displeasure of losing everything due to that considering I am very well protected and those downloads are blocked faster than they can pop up. However some others aren't that fortunate. So with that being said I know a few people who fell victim to this while things are fixed now they are scared shitless of anything under adfly and most importantly their view on products released by team zeta that still currently use adlfly. The other thing which is still just as bad but not nearly as dangerous is your own file through adfly carries bugs and unwanted crud from the site. The Hash files and virus checks seem to point out that there's nothing wrong with it but that apparently isn't the case.

If it's money or anything that you need I am pretty sure Patreon is a good fit. Another site to replace adfly could be mega. I really don't understand the upside to using such a shady website still when their are safer and easier options. I would really like to understand the reasoning behind the use of adfly. :nogood:
Bruh, wtf is our problem, there are no virus in the link, just skip it and if it opens a popup page close it and reload the damn thing adfly is way better of these fake sites in any case where you can download for ""free"" if you get a """""free""""" 3 months trial, you don't feel like doing it? Just don't play the game....
Yet they are literally going to ditch using Adfly... Adfly is an awful website and it is actually filled to the brim with viral content. If you 'd read my fucking comment you'd see that I SAID

"Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. "

Now that I specifically framed the comment that you just so happen to skip over you can fucking see it before deciding not to read on... Miles already replied to my comment and it's reassurance enough that they are planning on dropping Adfly. More than a handful of people agree that Adfly sucks. And there are COUNTLESS videos that prove adfly is coated in viruses. There are PROFESSIONALS that have to fix some of the shit that going to Adfly causes. I literally also explained that pop ups that happen AFTER CLICKING SKIP AD are the most dangerous side to that site. Considering one specific popup takes your COMPUTER HOSTAGE!!! Granted you can fix that issue it's really really tedious and can result in lost files important and non important. Regardless that site is a fucking issue. and the fact that people are cool with it blows my mind. Like... Just think of this real quick. We use a website that CLEARLY has malware filled ads on it to the point that it shows you FALSE download buttons... But it's ok cause the skip ad button takes you to the download. That's like me saying I have a chef who just made you the BEST food ever but you kinda gotta go through a crack house somewhere in Chicago to get to it. It's ok as long as you don't make eye contact or interact with any of the crackheads there... That's literally your argument and others who for some reason cant STAND other people wanting a cleaner and safer route to the game. A site that has ANY of those problems is not a good website. A site that has false download buttons is not a good website. Easy to avoid or not Adfly is a filthy website and shouldn't be promoted at all... Stop defending it. It's garbage... That simple...
Aaand full system scan.
What I came here to say was that there's a glitch that's more than likely already been reported, but I'll repeat it: The game just closes for no apparent reason upon entering the Ghost Lady's manor. The loading bar gets to about 3/4ths, maybe a fith of the way through and then it closes. If this ain't the right place to put this, lemme know.
Aight, I'm botta head out

Octoveemo
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 1
Joined: August 10th, 2019, 11:31 am
Favorite Character: Tails
Contact:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Octoveemo » August 15th, 2019, 6:54 pm

I can't play any of these, they just close immediately upon startup. No error message. Nothing. Can someone help?

User avatar
Shura Kirigakure
MotoBug
MotoBug
Posts: 34
Joined: May 27th, 2016, 10:05 pm
Favorite Character: Cream
Gender:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Shura Kirigakure » August 21st, 2019, 10:16 pm

Ah man I haven't been on here for quite a while. What's new on here what did one miss?
Image
Spoiler
Show
Image Image

User avatar
Toni-Technaclaw
Worm
Worm
Posts: 247
Joined: April 5th, 2017, 2:39 am
Favorite Character: Sally
Gender:
Contact:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Toni-Technaclaw » August 23rd, 2019, 2:51 am

Shura Kirigakure wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 10:16 pm
Ah man I haven't been on here for quite a while. What's new on here what did one miss?
Image
Just the Usual Madness and People Nagging Miles. Poor Fox, I wanna Cuddle him in my Digital Bosom. ;)

User avatar
Shura Kirigakure
MotoBug
MotoBug
Posts: 34
Joined: May 27th, 2016, 10:05 pm
Favorite Character: Cream
Gender:

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by Shura Kirigakure » August 24th, 2019, 1:17 am

Spoiler
Show
Toni-Technaclaw wrote:
August 23rd, 2019, 2:51 am
Shura Kirigakure wrote:
August 21st, 2019, 10:16 pm
Ah man I haven't been on here for quite a while. What's new on here what did one miss?
Image
Just the Usual Madness and People Nagging Miles. Poor Fox, I wanna Cuddle him in my Digital Bosom. ;)
[/quote]

Dang that sucks I hope he's not letting it get to him. I still don't mind the waiting I got lots of things to keep me occupied and away from the site. I'll send miles and the other some positive energy with the famous Spirit Dance. :)
Image
Spoiler
Show
Image Image

Post Reply