General Discussion, News and Updates about The Game
CrazedSquirrel
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Dr.Eggman

Re: Project X: Release Thread

Post by CrazedSquirrel » September 3rd, 2019, 2:54 am

Alright I'm just gonna lay it down.
I lost interest in this a years ago and only come here for the interactions or see where this project goes.
I might come back (or not) to see how things are going, but as far as I'm concerned I'm just an inactive spectator.
See you around I guess.
The less you know, the better

Toni-Technaclaw
Worm
Worm
Favorite Character: Sally

Post by Toni-Technaclaw » September 3rd, 2019, 9:50 am

Don't let the Door hit ya where the Good lord Split ya.

Shura Kirigakure
MotoBug
MotoBug
Favorite Character: Cream

Post by Shura Kirigakure » September 4th, 2019, 12:22 am

CrazedSquirrel wrote:
September 3rd, 2019, 2:54 am
Alright I'm just gonna lay it down.
I lost interest in this a years ago and only come here for the interactions or see where this project goes.
I might come back (or not) to see how things are going, but as far as I'm concerned I'm just an inactive spectator.
See you around I guess.
That's fine see ya later
Spoiler
Show
Image Image

Turtle253
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Zu

Post by Turtle253 » September 7th, 2019, 12:33 am

Randomphoenix1 wrote:
August 11th, 2019, 6:12 pm
Turtle253 wrote:
August 9th, 2019, 7:21 am
Ravio wrote:
August 4th, 2019, 11:44 am

Bruh, wtf is our problem, there are no virus in the link, just skip it and if it opens a popup page close it and reload the damn thing adfly is way better of these fake sites in any case where you can download for ""free"" if you get a """""free""""" 3 months trial, you don't feel like doing it? Just don't play the game....
Yet they are literally going to ditch using Adfly... Adfly is an awful website and it is actually filled to the brim with viral content. If you 'd read my fucking comment you'd see that I SAID

"Now some of you may say "just click the skip ad button" I'm no stranger to the site and I can tell a fake "download" button from a real one any day. The problem comes from the fact that even with adblocks and even IF the link FINALLY takes you to your download. It does one of many things. The most dangerous being it instantly takes you to a extremely malicious site that force downloads HTML files and scripts to your computer within seconds. "

Now that I specifically framed the comment that you just so happen to skip over you can fucking see it before deciding not to read on... Miles already replied to my comment and it's reassurance enough that they are planning on dropping Adfly. More than a handful of people agree that Adfly sucks. And there are COUNTLESS videos that prove adfly is coated in viruses. There are PROFESSIONALS that have to fix some of the shit that going to Adfly causes. I literally also explained that pop ups that happen AFTER CLICKING SKIP AD are the most dangerous side to that site. Considering one specific popup takes your COMPUTER HOSTAGE!!! Granted you can fix that issue it's really really tedious and can result in lost files important and non important. Regardless that site is a fucking issue. and the fact that people are cool with it blows my mind. Like... Just think of this real quick. We use a website that CLEARLY has malware filled ads on it to the point that it shows you FALSE download buttons... But it's ok cause the skip ad button takes you to the download. That's like me saying I have a chef who just made you the BEST food ever but you kinda gotta go through a crack house somewhere in Chicago to get to it. It's ok as long as you don't make eye contact or interact with any of the crackheads there... That's literally your argument and others who for some reason cant STAND other people wanting a cleaner and safer route to the game. A site that has ANY of those problems is not a good website. A site that has false download buttons is not a good website. Easy to avoid or not Adfly is a filthy website and shouldn't be promoted at all... Stop defending it. It's garbage... That simple...
Aaand full system scan.
What I came here to say was that there's a glitch that's more than likely already been reported, but I'll repeat it: The game just closes for no apparent reason upon entering the Ghost Lady's manor. The loading bar gets to about 3/4ths, maybe a fith of the way through and then it closes. If this ain't the right place to put this, lemme know.
You're missing the point... For those who have their computer broken and or locked you cant scan a thing. Again I have had to fix problems like this for other people and it's not as simple as hitting scan friend. Viruses are easy to block and with the right tools you can block the HTML files downloaded and autoran on your computers with no problem. The thing is a lot of people don't have the tools to do that nor do they understand at first glace the dangers of that site. I'm not asking for him to remove the game. I respect Miles and the team for even making this game. I simply seek safer download methods NOT just for me but for people in general. I honestly don't get how anyone can give these lazy responses on a problem as big as picking safer download methods. IF and WHEN they do change the method it DOESN'T negatively affect anyone. For the time being I have links to mega downloads for each version for the most part so personally I can already avoid Adfly as a whole. But seeing such a loose end like that just doesn't feel right without addressing it. Thankfully Miles already said they are changing the method of download and are aware of the problem. So regardless I got what I wanted and cant wait to see more updates under a better download site.

As for your problem I may have a copy that will help that I can give to you. That problem was fixed on said file and works just fine now.