[2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

General Discussion, News and Updates about The Game
User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

[2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by Miles » January 30th, 2019, 4:04 pm

Hey all,
So there's a few more bugs in the latest NExT build than we anticipated so I thought a dedicated thread would make more sense for it.

Here are the ones we currently know about:
  • Crash on Mansion Stage
  • Duplicate characters during "grapple" scenes
  • Sometimes player character not removed on death causing softlock
  • Sometimes player character vanishes after a grapple animation ends, causing a softlock
  • Boss Rush Mode causes instant crash on character select
If you find any more bugs, in the 2019-01-29-NExT build only post them here and we can add them.

==Mansion Crash==
This is caused by a missing asset, it will be fixed in the next build.
In the meantime, your 7.4 saves are compatible, so a completed game in 7.4 will unlock everything in this build

==Duplicate Characters==
This has been a bug for a while, and we're not 100% what's causing it. A fix was supposed to be implemented in this build but in some cases it's made it worse D:
We'll figure it out!

==Character not "dying"==
Awaiting some more information to replicate the bug

==Character Vanishing==
Via ULMF user ThatWeirdGuyWithaWeirdHat
Show
Also regarding the bug that makes your character disappear after an animation, I found out it's specifically the squid's second scene (the one where it goes fully into your characters vag and duplicates itself) that makes it do that. I've had no other animation/enemy do that to me.

It probably has something to do with the second squid replacing your character as an active object.
==Boss Rush Crash==
Just confirmed this one myself, it's a similar bug to the Mansion Crash. Missing assets from the old gallery.
Easy fix, will be sorted in the next update!
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

User avatar
WhiteWhiskey
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 9
Joined: February 10th, 2018, 9:09 am
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by WhiteWhiskey » January 30th, 2019, 8:51 pm

There is a bug at times, that I have seen at least, where the character can be removed from screen immediately after a rape scene and not die. I've seen this on the Ocean level, which seems to be an issue as it has no timer, and thus can be a bit game breaking.

Encountered after rape scene with a Squid while playing Tails

Encountered during ??? boss fight with Tails and Cream.

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by Miles » January 30th, 2019, 11:37 pm

WhiteWhiskey wrote:
January 30th, 2019, 8:51 pm
There is a bug at times, that I have seen at least, where the character can be removed from screen immediately after a rape scene and not die. I've seen this on the Ocean level, which seems to be an issue as it has no timer, and thus can be a bit game breaking.

Encountered after rape scene with a Squid while playing Tails

Encountered during ??? boss fight with Tails and Cream.
If you could do some recording of that with something like OBS to show us how you reproduce it, that would be great :3
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

zMagmaz
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 1
Joined: June 9th, 2018, 10:21 pm
Favorite Character: Silver
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by zMagmaz » January 31st, 2019, 12:19 am

Selecting your character in Boss Rush Mode crashes and closes the client. The mode doesn't work with any character.

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by Miles » January 31st, 2019, 2:31 am

zMagmaz wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 12:19 am
Selecting your character in Boss Rush Mode crashes and closes the client. The mode doesn't work with any character.
I have replicated this bug and have added it to the tracker, thank you.
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

SpookySpooky
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 1
Joined: April 23rd, 2018, 10:37 pm
Favorite Character: Blaze

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by SpookySpooky » January 31st, 2019, 3:31 am

In the second ghost level I was punching the door as zeta when the game just crashed and closed the client

Whoops just realized it's been already addressed at the top

ramadan_steve
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 3
Joined: January 30th, 2019, 10:02 pm
Gender:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by ramadan_steve » January 31st, 2019, 11:38 am

One more specific one that I noticed since I occasionally like to play with 2 characters (Tied to same controls except pause buttons), and I notice that if the pterodactyl male rapes one character (Zeta for example), and the other character (Tails) is relatively close, then Tails will disappear until the end of the rape and then both will have their meter filled up as if they were both raped.

User avatar
Butlerwillkillu
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 2
Joined: January 29th, 2019, 5:37 pm
Favorite Character: Shadow
Gender:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by Butlerwillkillu » January 31st, 2019, 5:17 pm

Cool Thanks :)

User avatar
Miles
BOFH
BOFH
Posts: 419
Joined: October 6th, 2013, 9:09 pm
Favorite Character: Tails
Gender:
Contact:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by Miles » January 31st, 2019, 6:13 pm

ramadan_steve wrote:
January 31st, 2019, 11:38 am
One more specific one that I noticed since I occasionally like to play with 2 characters (Tied to same controls except pause buttons), and I notice that if the pterodactyl male rapes one character (Zeta for example), and the other character (Tails) is relatively close, then Tails will disappear until the end of the rape and then both will have their meter filled up as if they were both raped.
Interesting and very specific bug, does that happen in 7.4 Alpha as well, or just in the NExT build?
>_ Don't worry; it's been deprecated. The new one is worse.
>_ Zeta Team Web Administrator and Technical Support
>_ Site Ops Transparency Report
>_ Forum Updates and Changelog
>_ Please Consider Donating to me via PayPal : miles{at}thezetateam.org
>_ Or support me on Patreon

ramadan_steve
Grounder
Grounder
Posts: 3
Joined: January 30th, 2019, 10:02 pm
Gender:

Re: [2019-01-29-NExT] Project X : Bug Crushing

Post by ramadan_steve » February 1st, 2019, 7:13 am

Ive noticed it in 7.4 origionally but in the NeXT build too. I know the thread says NeXT build only but I figured it is relevant enough. If you want to encounter it just get 2 characters next to eachother during grapple. I know 2 player isnt as common, and the bug is no where near game breaking (basically just a 2 for 1 rape with one scene), so I dont expect it to be a priority fix. Hopefully it is just a simple fix. If it helps at all, it almost acts as if the pterodactyl has an AoE on its rape

Post Reply