An Idea about the Incubi and Succubi and their acorrding Player Trasnformations

Suggestions for the game.
Malos323
Grounder
Grounder
Favorite Character: Tails

An Idea about the Incubi and Succubi and their acorrding Player Trasnformations

Post by Malos323 » March 24th, 2019, 3:21 pm

So, why not have a difficulty option make the Succubi and Incubi permanently change your character's gender, until you either

A. Get knocked out (Normal mode) or
B. Encounter the other/Loose all Lives (Hard?)

The idea will require setting animation rigs for EX, Female Tails to that of the others for animations.

However, it wouldn't require a whole animation swap across the whole game, only for Pumpkin Kingdom onward.

The reason why i think this should be a feature
1. In-Universe it makes more sense for them to make them "permanent"
2. It would just be fun
3. If you want, you could add a debuff to the transformation like It takes fewer encounters to faint/get KOd that scales upward with difficulty, or is a thing on hard mode.

Anyone have thoughts?

JackieHoute
BuzzBomber
BuzzBomber
Favorite Character: Rouge
Re: An Idea about the Incubi and Succubi and their acorrding Player Trasnformations

Post by JackieHoute » March 24th, 2019, 4:03 pm

A neat idea, however I think if it ever gets realized, it's not going to be anytime soon.

You need to consider the fact that you would have to not only make new enemy animations for every gender-swapped character but also their regular in-game sprites (walking, attacking, getting hit, etc.). And since right now the only sprites the game has for the gender-swapped characters is a standing sprite and two animations for one enemy, I believe it's reasonable to think that this would take about the same amount of work as making a brand new character (minus the animations from stages 1-3 as you said).

The difficulty spike could also pose a challenge, however (and this is something I only faintly remember) don't all characters take about 3-5 attacks to lose a life already? I feel like if you made it less, it would either make the change almost unnoticeable or make the game way too hard.

But hey, maybe when the game has all stages completed and the makers have more space to experiment, then you could really delve into it.
Gonta telling truth! Gentlemen never tell lies!